3rd year acceptance... help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WMich

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I prepare for application on June 1st, I was wondering if anyone has knowledge on which schools are not opposed to accepting highly qualified students after 3 years of undergrad. I have done a lot of research on this topic, but this statistic is often difficult to find. I consider myself a very competitive applicant (Overall GPA 3.97, science GPA 4.0, and have already taken 12+ hours of upper level biology courses). I have done neurobiology research, and have spent 150+ hours shadowing in many dental specialties as well as general dentistry, and have good LORS. I understand that the number of 3rd year acceptances is minuscule at best, however if anyone has knowledge of schools that have historically accepted some 3rd year students I would appreciate the information. Best of luck to all who await June 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

I had hoped for valuable information that was FREE, however I took your advice and made the $43 purchase, Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
-also, the 2006 stats were helpful, however it seems dental school admissions trends are so increasingly competitive, I was hoping for something a little more current to base my upcoming applications on. Thus I purchased the ADEA guidebook

-also, the 2006 stats were helpful, however it seems dental school admissions trends are so increasingly competitive, I was hoping for something a little more current to base my upcoming applications on. Thus I purchased the ADEA guidebook

There are always going to be a few enfant terribles that will be accepted to ds.