lemonbarzz
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please excuse the long post:
I'm currently taking Organic Chemistry 2 for the second time and it's not looking too good.
The first time I took it was at my undergrad where I got a D. This time I'm taking it as a non-degree student at a university near home.
Regardless of cumulative GPA: the best case would be scoring a B- to a C; the worst case would be getting a below passing grade and doing a retake. There's also a possibility that I get a C- and have to retake at another institution (due to institution retake rules)/
There are approximately 2 more weeks until grades are finalized, and the last day to withdraw is this Friday. I'm 70% considering withdrawing and retaking for (hopefully) a better grade. Withdrawing from the class would mean waiting to take it in Spring 2027 when it is offered again. I've definitely gotten more familiar with the material, but the lecture style and my study habits are what affect my performance.
I know my academic performance is below average pre-dental stats/standards, and I don't have a clear upward curve. I also haven't thought about what I'd do if I give up on pursuing dentistry. The biggest thing is breaking the news to my parents. I just want some realistic opinions and advice on how to take it from here.
I'm currently taking Organic Chemistry 2 for the second time and it's not looking too good.
The first time I took it was at my undergrad where I got a D. This time I'm taking it as a non-degree student at a university near home.
Regardless of cumulative GPA: the best case would be scoring a B- to a C; the worst case would be getting a below passing grade and doing a retake. There's also a possibility that I get a C- and have to retake at another institution (due to institution retake rules)/
There are approximately 2 more weeks until grades are finalized, and the last day to withdraw is this Friday. I'm 70% considering withdrawing and retaking for (hopefully) a better grade. Withdrawing from the class would mean waiting to take it in Spring 2027 when it is offered again. I've definitely gotten more familiar with the material, but the lecture style and my study habits are what affect my performance.
I know my academic performance is below average pre-dental stats/standards, and I don't have a clear upward curve. I also haven't thought about what I'd do if I give up on pursuing dentistry. The biggest thing is breaking the news to my parents. I just want some realistic opinions and advice on how to take it from here.
Last edited: