3rd year psych major decided on med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d0rkothee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a 3rd year psych major who is at lost as to what I should do to get into a medical school. I was thinking of double majoring with a BA in Biology, which would give me an edge. My gpa is roughly at a 3.0 and i've been in an internship at a hospital for almost a year now.

I hope you guys, who have been in/are in my shoes, can help me out and give me some pointers. Thanks guys! ^_^

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

I'm a 3rd year psych major who is at lost as to what I should do to get into a medical school. I was thinking of double majoring with a BA in Biology, which would give me an edge. My gpa is roughly at a 3.0 and i've been in an internship at a hospital for almost a year now.

I hope you guys, who have been in/are in my shoes, can help me out and give me some pointers. Thanks guys! ^_^

My 0.02...I was a psych major before I came to med school. I only took the biology & chemistry classes needed for the MCAT and had no problems in the admission process. I don't think getting a double major will really help you unless it's just something you want to do.

You might also get more responses in the "Allopathic" forum.