4.0 Gpa= Sgu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDandreea

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

i'm currently in my sophomore year ( finished, so i'm getting in my junior year this fall) and i'm maintaining a solid 4.0 GPA. my school has an affiliation with SGU and i'm able to get into the accelerated program which means 3 years of undergrad and 4 year of med.
i'm fine with extracurrilular and shadowing docs, just i'm not good at taking standardized tests...they are constantly stressing me ...like every day, every night. i didn't take mcat yet. i'm planning on taking it this fall( september). do you think my gpa would count more if i have a low mcat? would sgu reject a 4.0 student with low mcats? i'm not saying i have low mcat but i'm dissapointed...the questions don't test theory but critical thinking so what would happen if i would have lets say 23-25 and 4.0 gpa
tks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

i'm currently in my sophomore year ( finished, so i'm getting in my junior year this fall) and i'm maintaining a solid 4.0 GPA. my school has an affiliation with SGU and i'm able to get into the accelerated program which means 3 years of undergrad and 4 year of med.
i'm fine with extracurrilular and shadowing docs, just i'm not good at taking standardized tests...they are constantly stressing me ...like every day, every night. i didn't take mcat yet. i'm planning on taking it this fall( september). do you think my gpa would count more if i have a low mcat? would sgu reject a 4.0 student with low mcats? i'm not saying i have low mcat but i'm dissapointed...the questions don't test theory but critical thinking so what would happen if i would have lets say 23-25 and 4.0 gpa
tks guys

with a 23-25 and a 4.0 you should get into sgu, but my question would why not try harder on the mcat graduate in 4 years and shoot for like a 29-30. You can get into an allopathic school in the US with those grade.

Maybe she's not a U.S. student?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe she's not a U.S. student?

yea sorry, i just realized that after seeing his/her previous posts. he/She didn't mention it on the post. But any way, try to get a 24-25 at least. Something like a 21- 22 will be pushing it.

For those of you that applied to SGU, did you have to send them supporting documentation showing how you would finance your education? If so what did you send?

if you look in the mcat forum you'll see that there are tons of tips and tricks to scoring high on the MCAT. Don't sell yourself short.

For those of you that applied to SGU, did you have to send them supporting documentation showing how you would finance your education? If so what did you send?

I didn't send any documents; I just filled out the form on the application stating how much my family made, personal assets, etc. I'm guessing that the supporting documentation might be requested by financial aid, but I don't know.