4.00 cGPA and 27R MCAT-Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jerry22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
lol you posted less than an hour ago and you're already bumping?

You likely won't be verified for 4-5 weeks, but prepare to write essays so go all over SDN to find the prompts for the essays. WVSOM doesn't require you to submit one until after the interview so you're ok there. Get the others though and get goin on them because I would expect them to come in quickly since you have a 4.0.

You should have applied earlier, but you'll be ok with that 4.0

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I applied to 5 DO schools (including my instate school-WVSOM) at the beginning of October and therefore should be getting verified any day now. What are my chances of getting accepted into an osteopathic school with a 4.00 GPA and a 27R MCAT? I have shadowing, community service, research experience, and served president of an honor fraternity for a year. Any help would be appreciated!

INB4: Someone saying I did DO just because I wouldn't get accepted into MD school-I'm legitametly interested in DO school, unlike many people on this forum.

even if it were true, nobody would give you crap for it. it's a reality with many DO applicants, although I think you'd have an outside shot at MD too.

it's hard to say what your odds are with just 5 schools, but a 4.0 cumulative will stand out and a 27 sits at the middle range for DO. I suspect WVSOM's in-state bias is not as strong as other state programs but I figure it'll help. it's late to be just submitting primaries though.

I'd say you're a lock for interviews an any DO school! I hope you'll apply to mine!

Hey everyone, I applied to 5 DO schools (including my instate school-WVSOM) at the beginning of October and therefore should be getting verified any day now. What are my chances of getting accepted into an osteopathic school with a 4.00 GPA and a 27R MCAT? I have shadowing, community service, research experience, and served president of an honor fraternity for a year. Any help would be appreciated!

INB4: Someone saying I did DO just because I wouldn't get accepted into MD school-I'm legitametly interested in DO school, unlike many people on this forum.

I think you're a shoe-in for DO schools.

Furthermore, your stats are competitive for MD, just got accepted to an MD program with similar stats. It's awesome that you're interested in DO--very underrated perspective on medicine.

Good luck!!