WAMC - 2023/2024 applicant | 4.00 sGPA, 3.97 cGPA, 515 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lil scoobs

Reaction score
deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Please follow the template

Where did you grow up in Illinois? Why is going to a T20 school so important to you?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
45 hours volunteering w/older adults, advocacy club, president of school org (non-clinical volunteering)
First this is way low, and I don't get a sense of your service orientation from the description. You must have 150 hours minimum of service orientation activities that do not involve tutoring/teaching or clinical exposure. What you do can be more important than the community you served. This needs to be boosted by 100 hours minimum to avoid having your application get screened out by most medical schools.

Furthermore, Rush and Loyola prefer and generally admit applicants with hundreds/thousands of community service/service orientation activities, so that already plays against your chances. Where did you attend recruitment events?

UChicago likes social advocacy, but this is not adequately described here, so it appears it's not the focus of your application profile.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I posted my school list above!
Your clinical volunteering and shadowing hours are adequate but your non clinical volunteering hours are low. Rush and Loyola expect many more clinical and non clinical hours than you have. Also, Washington U, NYU, Yale, Case, Mayo, Ohio State, UPenn and Vanderbilt are reaches with your MCAT of 515 and your ECs. You should add more schools this week to increase your chances for interviews and I suggest these:
U Illinois
Southern Illinois
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth
George Washington
Temple
Jefferson
Hofstra
Einstein
New York Medical College
Vermont