4.00 GPA 42 MCAT Hoping for D.O.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRaider43

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I recently received a 42 on my MCAT. I am very excited because I feel like this gives me a fair shot at getting into a D.O. School. I have 3,000 hours of volunteering at the local free care clinic and 2,000 hours of shadowing different physicians. I have also worked in the hospital since I began walking because both of my parents are physicians and both of them work on admission boards at different medical schools. I have researched every summer since I first learned what a microscope was in 7th grade chemistry class. I would really really appreciate all your comments. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?? Please don't tell me my best shot is in the Caribbean. :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. I recently received a 42 on my MCAT. I am very excited because I feel like this gives me a fair shot at getting into a D.O. School. I have 3,000 hours of volunteering at the local free care clinic and 2,000 hours of shadowing different physicians. I have also worked in the hospital since I began walking because both of my parents are physicians and both of them work on admission boards at different medical schools. I have researched every summer since I first learned what a microscope was in 7th grade chemistry class. I would really really appreciate all your comments. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES?? Please don't tell me my best shot is in the Caribbean. :scared:

You are screwed. Apply broadly to DO schools and hope for the best. No chance for MD. Sorry.

Assuming you aren't trolling, yes you can go wherever you want you little genius.

EDIT: never mind trolling confirmed.

Indeed.

:laugh:

There have been a lot of 3.9+, 36+ people with great ECs and research on these WAMC forums recently. Makes me wonder :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry man, even Caribbean would be a stretch for you. Have you considered Podiatry?

Troll.png

Not even funny
I had similar stats and EC and I was rejected from all MD schools last cycle

:laugh:

There have been a lot of 3.9+, 36+ people with great ECs and research on these WAMC forums recently. Makes me wonder :rolleyes:

No Kidding.

My favorites are always from the 3.9/39 crowd who post once a week asking if they have enough safety schools...

Sorry man, even Caribbean would be a stretch for you. Have you considered Podiatry?

Troll.png

Le mythe de Sisyphe? did you ask for my permission to post your signature quote? oh wait, does it have copyright?

If I ever have to off myself, me posting here should serve as sufficient excuse. :D

Haha. Yes, this was inspired by a post I read about a 41 on the MCAT and like a 3.95 GPA... Ridiculous to have to ask anyone your chances about that.

I'm in the same boat as you, I feel your worries. 4.0 cGPA, 4.0 sGPA (strong upward trend),
45 Mcat but its a balanced score (15PS/15VR/15BS)
Performed first open heart surgery before puberty, which occurred early for me
10,000+ hours DO shadowing (that is, a DO shadowed me for 10,000 hours)
Accidentally cured several forms of cancer while working on a unified field theory (another first authorship unless that publication hog, Stephen Hawking, has his way)
Resolved the Middle East crisis
Give it to me straight...do I have a shot at DO? I'm applying everywhere. Or should I just apply chiropractor?

Reactions: 1 user
Haha. Yes, this was inspired by a post I read about a 41 on the MCAT and like a 3.95 GPA... Ridiculous to have to ask anyone your chances about that.

It's almost impossible to mockingly exaggerate an example of some of these wamc threads without actually touching on impossible. Otherwise, nobody would know it's not a real wamc.

Status
Not open for further replies.