4.0gpa at Harvard Ext. HCP program!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DannyV

cant touch this...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys....

My question is.... is it possible to keep a 4.0 at Harvard Ext. Health Career's program?
If so, what does it take? (weekly dedication in terms of hrs/week/per class)
If not, then why?

I have couple of friends at nation's top undergrad institutions (not particularly harvard) and they told me that at those top universities...some professors just dont give you an A....because they think only certain people that "they think and choose" are deserving for an A. Others, no matter how hard you work, just get an A- the most. Is that true for Harvard?

I will be taking upper level sciences at HES, so are there any classes that are impossible to make an A in? (so I can avoid taking those)

Much thanks in advance!:D

-DannyV

Members don't see this ad.

Danny-

I have taken a total of 14 classes at Harvard-HCP and ALM-and am still riding a 4.0-that's with a 3-4 courseload each semester.

Sure they are difficult but if you deserve the A you will get it. The professors teach a lot of the classes twice a day once in the College or Grad school then once in the Extension school-as such, they expect the same level of proficiency.

Honestly, with classes you are looking at 40-50 hours a week of school work-i.e. reading-labs-studying-etc.

but at the end of the day we all come to harvard-the HCP- to do one thing...get into med school so that's not so large a price to pay. ''

god luck

haha perfect response...oh and thats great about your 4.0...

thanks for the info bro...
good luck to you too!

Members don't see this ad :)
are the classes integrated in with the undergraduate students? I just recently graduated from an undergraduate institution. Was wondering if this program is more separated from rest of harvard or more integrated?

for instance can you join the school's club as a member of this program?

are the classes integrated in with the undergraduate students? I just recently graduated from an undergraduate institution. Was wondering if this program is more separated from rest of harvard or more integrated?

for instance can you join the school's club as a member of this program?

Classes at HES are separate from harvard undergrad, but you do have access to harvard libraries and other facilities provided you show your registration or ID card, if you are in the HCP.

hey guys....

I will be taking upper level sciences at HES, so are there any classes that are impossible to make an A in? (so I can avoid taking those)

-DannyV

I wouldn't say is impossible to make an A in any class at HES, but you do need to be prepared to study a lot, specially for Physiology, if you haven't taking it before. For that class, class average was a B- (2.67). The class average for Biology of cancer was even worse (C+).