Thoughts on Rutgers-Newark vs Geisinger MBS program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

starrynights17

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I was accepted into both the Masters of biomedical sciences program at Rutgers and Geisinger for Fall 2026 and wanted to hear what each program is actually like from people who've been through it. A few things I've been wondering as I prepare to start: How well did either program prepare you for med school applications? Did you feel like faculty and advisors were genuinely invested in your success, or was it more of a "figure it out yourself" environment? How were classes structured? Is the Newark campus a collaborative environment or more cutthroat? How was the Geisinger campus? Would love any insight, good or bad!

Thank you in advance!