Apr 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi all, I'm new to the forums and just took the 4/10/10 MCAT.

So I'm worried about something that happened at the end of my exam. After clicking "I wish to have the exam scored", and clicking "next", the computer made some weird noises and went back to the windows desktop.
Thinking I was done, I went to sign out. The guy there tried to print something confirming that I had taken the exam, but he said it wouldn't print. Then he was like..."you DID finish the exam right?" I was like..."yeah".
So he gave me a card telling me to call Prometric on Monday during their business hours...and I left...

So I'm getting worried. They didn't lose my exam right??? Has this happened to anyone else? Also, I read in MCAT essentials that there was supposed to be some 10min survey after finishing the test...I didn't get one?

tennis1234

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
same thing happened to me...i got an error like those ones where microsoft asks you to send in an error report. the lady asked if i had finished, i said yes, then she said she'd have to restart something. 5 mins later she hands me this piece of paper saying that i took the test. i think you'll be fine.

that's really weird you didn't do a survey though...i'm sure they have mechanisms to redress any faults, after all it's a 250 dollar test.

Jan 30, 2010
NC
Status
Non-Student
My computer provided an error as well when I completed the test. I closed out of the error and went on to complete and submit the brief survey afterward. Upon checkout, the lady had to go back to my computer to restart it before she could provide me with my printout.

Oncoloman

Mar 29, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hmm... Yes. The Survey should have come up. If you chose the correct options then it should be ok. :thumbup:. If the computer messed up then it should not be your fault and I'm sure they will find out the problem. Computers crash during the MCAT and people are able to restart the computers with no problem at all...so why should it be a problem for you when you finished it. Hope things went well...

Apr 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
thanks for the replies. i'm more relaxed now that i've slept on it.
considering how people's computers crash in the middle of their exam, and the answers are still retained after restart, i really doubt my answers were lost.
I was just scared and angry that I might have to take the exam again...i was in the zone that day

anyway, calling prometric first thing in the morning...

JulJem

10+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!
That was definitely a moment of sheer panic... the stuff nightmares are made of. In the middle of bio, all the buttons froze WHILE THE TIMER KEPT RUNNING.:eek: The proctor had to reset the computer, reboot and synch with his. I'm not sure how much time I lost. I did get a survey and when the test came back up, all of my responses were still there, so you should be good too hopefully.

Have you heard anything from prometric? I've been too busy to complain, and not very hopeful for any positive outcome.

I guess you win some and you loose some, and in this case we both lost....

let me know what you hear. I took it in SF and my proctor said that their computers have frozen before. Did you take it there too?

Apr 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
I took my exam at South SF. That sucks your computer screwed up in the middle of a section. at least my computer froze and quit after my bio section was over.
the guy proctoring seemed pretty calm...so it seems like these things happen regularly

also, i called the MCAT division of prometric on monday. They said it takes a couple of days for the exams to even arrive at their office. So I called again this morning, and they saw my name on the list of examinees who did not void, so I'll have my exam scored as usual.