4 classes left to take next semester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have submitted my Pharmcas and Supplmental. The schools I am applying to say that it is okay to be taking classes through Spring 2006. I am currently taking Anatomy and biochemistry and gen chem/inorganic chemistry courses. NExt semester, I have to take physiology, second half of O-chem, and microbio. I am thinking about dropping (without W) Biochem this semester and taking it next semester. Do you think I will still be a competitive candidate? Or should I just stick with taking 4 classes this term and 3 next term? how many classes do ppl typically have left to take when they are applying and has anyone gotten admitted having 4 classes left to take?
i got an A in the first half of o-chem.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

pharmy said:
Hi,
I have submitted my Pharmcas and Supplmental. The schools I am applying to say that it is okay to be taking classes through Spring 2006. I am currently taking Anatomy and biochemistry and gen chem/inorganic chemistry courses. NExt semester, I have to take physiology, second half of O-chem, and microbio. I am thinking about dropping (without W) Biochem this semester and taking it next semester. Do you think I will still be a competitive candidate? Or should I just stick with taking 4 classes this term and 3 next term? how many classes do ppl typically have left to take when they are applying and has anyone gotten admitted having 4 classes left to take?

thanks.

Hi :) Why would you feel like you would want to drop Biochem this semester? If it's just because you want a break, then forget it. The more you can prepare yourself for now (i.e. lots of "sciences" at the same time) the better you will be in the future. It will probably compliment your chemistry by taking it with chemistry anyways.. whichever semester you take it. Hope this helps!! :clap:

pharmy said:
Hi,

thanks.

I just dropped calculus yesterday. It seriously hurts my insides to do so. I am a straight A student, but was failing calc. I'm going to try for it again next semester and study for it all over winter break.

My thought is, you need to make a priority list and then schedule your life around it. There are only so many hours in a day and only so much energy to cover everything. See where Biochem falls in your list. Concentrate on the now and try not to worry about the future.

"It will all work out in the end... it will all work out in the end... it will all work out in the end..." My mantra.

Chris