4 interviews. No acceptances. Need to retake the DAT. Which course should I use?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cjb223

Reaction score
Just curious as to what courses people used to study for the DAT. I took mine two years ago so my scores will expire for the upcoming cycle. Originally took the DAT and used Crack the DAT to study. I ended up getting a 20AA.

Ive heard good things about DAT bootcamp and DAT destroyer. Which one should I use if I don't get in this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Just apply to schools that take 3 year old scores. You got 4 interviews, so practice on your interview skills

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’d use both. I did destroyer gc oc bio questions 2x and got the separate math destroyer which was a godsend, and used bootcamp for PAT generator, detailed bio notes, all the practice tests, and mikes videos (instead of chads videos).

I’d use both. I did destroyer gc oc bio questions 2x and got the separate math destroyer which was a godsend, and used bootcamp for PAT generator, detailed bio notes, all the practice tests, and mikes videos (instead of chads videos).
How did you do on the DAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
I used only the Destroyer + Math Destroyer (and associated free materials/resources) and PATBooster, ended up with a 27 AA. I was on a budget and this really worked for me. Highly recommend looking through breakdowns as artist suggested to see what worked best for people in the last year or so.

Going forward, as suggested, polish up on your interview skills. Getting 4 is no small feat, so that point may have been where the schools decided to look elsewhere.

Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
With 4 interviews it is unlikely that the DAT score was a factor in the sinking of the admission ship.

With 4 interviews it is unlikely that the DAT score was a factor in the sinking of the admission ship.
Im just confused because I am OOS for all of these schools and a business major.

How would I practice for interviews? I have had to do interviews with job centers for classes and have gotten good feedback on all of them.

How did you do on the DAT?
23AA and each individual score above 20 but only studied for 5 weeks. If you dedicate a bit more time than I did using those resources i’m confident you’ll get a better score!

Just curious as to what courses people used to study for the DAT. I took mine two years ago so my scores will expire for the upcoming cycle. Originally took the DAT and used Crack the DAT to study. I ended up getting a 20AA.

Ive heard good things about DAT bootcamp and DAT destroyer. Which one should I use if I don't get in this cycle?
What are you individual scores? What is your GPA?

What are you individual scores? What is your GPA?
20AA 19TS 21OC 19GC 19BIO 23RC 19QR 21PAT

Had a 3.81 GPA and 3.63 SGPA

I am also out of state for every school I applied to since my state has no dental schools. Part of my problem is when I took the DAT I did not give myself a ton of time to study. I took it the tuesday after finals week with only taking about 5 practice tests. Dumb of me I know but that was about what my schedule afforded me between almost full time work and 18 credits a semester.

20AA 19TS 21OC 19GC 19BIO 23RC 19QR 21PAT

Had a 3.81 GPA and 3.63 SGPA

I am also out of state for every school I applied to since my state has no dental schools. Part of my problem is when I took the DAT I did not give myself a ton of time to study. I took it the tuesday after finals week with only taking about 5 practice tests. Dumb of me I know but that was about what my schedule afforded me between almost full time work and 18 credits a semester.

It is apparent from your GPA that you are a good student and had you put in more study time you would have scored much higher. Your scores are good and would definitely get you into some dental schools, but apparently not the ones you want to attend. I am curious if the interviewers made any comments to you about your scores, stats, etc. Did they mention your scores at all?

The only course of action I see for you unless I am missing something is to retake the DAT and put in a lot more effort this time. IMO you should be able to move your scores up considerably.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Nancy

It is apparent from your GPA that you are a good student and had you put in more study time you would have scored much higher. Your scores are good and would definitely get you into some dental schools, but apparently not the ones you want to attend. I am curious if the interviewers made any comments to you about your scores, stats, etc. Did they mention your scores at all?

The only course of action I see for you unless I am missing something is to retake the DAT and put in a lot more effort this time. IMO you should be able to move your scores up considerably.

Hope this helps and good luck to you.

Nancy
They didn't mention anything about my scores to me. Only two of my interviews were open file though.

I recommend calling the schools you applied to for feedback. You will never know until you do.