Quantcast

4 Midterms in One Day...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 4 midterms tomorrow and they're practically back to back. I have a Neuroanatomy from 9-10, Neuroanatomy lab practical midterm from 10-1 (first back to back set)...then Human Physiology from 3:30-5...and Public Policy from 5-7 (second back to back set). I've been studying for these courses steadily throughout the semester so I'm not pulling my hair out and frantically trying to stuff five weeks worth of course material in my head for 4 classes in one night...but I'm still pretty apprehensive because 4 in one day is just going to take a lot of endurance/stamina. Should I drink a few energy drinks in the morning? I hope I have enough endurance to get through all of them...but I'm worried that I'll be exhausted around the 4th midterm (public policy) and might just stop caring at that point and just do what it takes to get it over with and go back home.

This is either God's way of telling me he hates me...or maybe it's a test to see if I can handle it without suffering a full nervous breakdown. Regardless, has anyone else had 3 or 4 midterms in one day? If so, what did you do the night before/morning of to make sure you had enough energy. I'll be sure to get a good nights sleep tonight and eat some breakfast..other than that...I'm just waiting for tomorrow to be over.

P.S.: Best of luck to you all during midterm season.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let me just laugh at you, then laugh some more :) Jesus doesn't love you.

Hahaha, but seriously. You can do it, just put your back into it and get the fudge off of SDN. Neuroanatomy and Physiology are FUN.. those are what you WANT to study right? Since you're going to medschool and all.. so treat them as fun classes, and it's not studying, but it's fun.

Don't know about Public Policy.. sounds boring.

Best of luck.

klonoff

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my undergrad, teachers were quite understanding if you mentioned you had multiple tests on one day. However, this meant they'd "let" you take the test early. Still, better than all on one day, you might inquire in the future, it's probably too late for your current situation. Good luck!

LoneCoyote

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've done 3 in a day, never 4. my advice is to do what your normally would do. the adrenaline should carry you through. if you usually have an energy drink, do that. if not, why do something that could make you feel shakey or sick or something when you need to perform well? i always had a snack in between to keep me going, something with protein and fat so you don't get a sugar rush and then crash.

as for policy, remember you can b.s. almost any essay question with the bardach 8 step policy analysis model, especially at berkeley ;) good luck!

honsano

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah...multiple four by 3 and then divide by six. Next spread that out over two days. There you go, two midterms over two days. Huh, I guess yours is a lot worse, good luck.

nikoo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just saw ur screenname - Berkeleypremed - and I instantly thought of the cover story on the Daily Cal today. www.dailycal.org

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would probably make something really good up. Or set something really good up in front of a professor or dean, something like getting hit by a car, and then having the car drive off. That would probably give u a couple extra days.

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If it was me, I'd see if I could get some of those midterms rearranged. Even if you could take two of them the day before... Don't know if that is possible, but any professor that possesses even minimal human qualities should empathize w/ your situation.

I had two back to back FINALS last spring and one the previous day. Not so bad but they were OChem II, Physiology, and Physics II. That was bad enough and my last one (physics) suffered a little, so I barely missed an A in the class, even though I'm pretty good w/ physics.

Sorry though, four midterms in one day is criminal.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school requires a rearrangement from instructors if a student has 3 or more finals on one day. Your school may have this and you don't know. Worth checking.

oasis786

Hated by mice everywhere
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haha, I know the feeling.

Had to take 3 finals in one day last semester so I could get to a MD/PhD interview. It ended up being alright for the most part - even though I didn't do so hot on the finals, I got into that program. That makes it ok, right? :D

Don't worry, it'll be over by the time you visit this thread again.

rambo

Slightly Evil
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In all honesty, I hope you do well.

Ernham

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My freshman year I had 5 midterm exams, two of which were labs.

Since then, the most I've had has been 3, I think.

DrBodacious

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ernham
My freshman year I had 5 midterm exams, two of which were labs.

Since then, the most I've had has been 3, I think.

LOL at your avatar. That looks like my cat Colby. I have a pic of Colby post bath, but shaving a cat is messed up.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm posting this in my gap between midterm sets...it's 1:20 right now...the physiology midterm begins in about 2 hours. I already feel pretty drained from the neuro lab practical and lecture exam. I'm pretty sure the adrenaline rush once the physiology midterms are passed out at 3:30 will last me until 5. After that though, my thought process for the last midterm (public policy) will probably be either a) Do this as fast as humanly possible so you can go home and sleep or b) Midterm..Shmidterm...what's the big deal? These questions don't REALLY have concrete answers..lol.

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was going to advise you on not driniking the red bull energy drinks cuz you don't want your energy boost in the middle of the day, and the dip that follows.

How did you do tho? Congrats on being done at least.

BerkeleyPremed

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for asking. I did alright I guess...given my circumstances...lol. Most of the people I've spoken to said I was insane for not at least asking one of the professors to administer one their exam earlier...so I wouldn't have 4 in one day. Personally, I'm glad to have practically ALL of my first round of midterms done in one fell swoop...although I have to admit that the swoop was pretty painful...lol. I'm just relaxing now. It feels good to be done. :)

CalBeE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wow....4 midterms. Sometimes I feel that the advantage of a quarter system is that you don't take too many classes at once (Usually 3-4 classes), so it's rare to have multiple midterms on the same day...

I know that doesn't help your situation, but good luck! ;)

DocWannaBe85

Lovah Lovah
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had 4 midterms on a Wednesday two weeks ago. Given, I'm only a freshman and I don't take as hard of classes as you probably do. I had a General Chemistry test (equilibriums) at 8am, Microeconomics at 9am, Nutrition at 1:25pm and an online Calculus exam due at 10pm.

peterockduke

Constipation Nation!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Gleevec

Peter, those are Cheerios
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by BerkeleyPremed

This is either God's way of telling me he hates me...or maybe it's a test to see if I can handle it without suffering a full nervous breakdown.

Uhh, I think you're overreacting. Its just a bunch of tests for crying out loud, not like you've contracted some terrible disease, lost a family member, or are stricken with sudden poverty. You'll live.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.