Sending a letter of intent one day after interview?

Started by deleted1219239
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1219239

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview with my absolute top choice school yesterday, and want to send a letter of intent today. I have heard some reasons why it's unadvisable, however, I am certain that I will not entertain any other schools if this school gives me an acceptance. Are there any specific reasons to NOT send the letter of intent today? I get that they will not have discussed my application yet obviously, but would still prefer they have this letter whenever they do, considering how late in the cycle it is.
 
Wait to get a decision first. I’m sure this is a heavy hitting program, so they know anyone who interviews with them would likely attend given the opportunity. You have a good shot at getting an A if they have a good post-II to A rate. Let a LOI speak for you if you get waitlisted. I don’t know how much it will move the needle when they deliberate over your application.
 
Let Me In Help GIF by Kintsu


I know the feeling. :laugh:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had an interview with my absolute top choice school yesterday, and want to send a letter of intent today. I have heard some reasons why it's unadvisable, however, I am certain that I will not entertain any other schools if this school gives me an acceptance. Are there any specific reasons to NOT send the letter of intent today? I get that they will not have discussed my application yet obviously, but would still prefer they have this letter whenever they do, considering how late in the cycle it is.
It would telegraph how desperate you are.
 
Have you ever seen

Me neither. But sending an LOI right after your interview sounds like a premise for a new (bad) reality show...