1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

4 to 8 weeks? LOL

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sammmeyeam, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I called AMCAS today to inquire about my application, which was not verified for the past 9 weeks.

So the lady tells me that "4 to 8 weeks is the the time it takes for the schools to receive the paper copies of your application. The verification part takes longer."

LoL.... Longer??? Longer than 9 weeks?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zack90

Zack90 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Sammeyeam! I will hit 9 weeks on Thursday of this week! Now that I've seen your post, I guess there is no need for me to call AMCAS again later this week and hear the same old thing, eh?

4. Nutella

Nutella Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey

I'm sure you feel the same, but I don't understand how AMCAS could take so long with your verification. I submitted on August 1st (although I had every intention of submitting on June 1st, until the multitude of computer issues arose), and received a verification notice on August 30th. Of course, I have received 4 more verification notices since. I began to get secondaries around August 25th or so.

5. Sammmeyeam

Sammmeyeam Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah... I began getting secondaries as well... but I don't know why it took this long. There are a few others that are also in my situation. I feel bad for them.