4 to 8 weeks? LOL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sammmeyeam

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called AMCAS today to inquire about my application, which was not verified for the past 9 weeks.

So the lady tells me that "4 to 8 weeks is the the time it takes for the schools to receive the paper copies of your application. The verification part takes longer."

LoL.... Longer??? Longer than 9 weeks?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Sammeyeam! I will hit 9 weeks on Thursday of this week! Now that I've seen your post, I guess there is no need for me to call AMCAS again later this week and hear the same old thing, eh?

hey

I'm sure you feel the same, but I don't understand how AMCAS could take so long with your verification. I submitted on August 1st (although I had every intention of submitting on June 1st, until the multitude of computer issues arose), and received a verification notice on August 30th. Of course, I have received 4 more verification notices since. I began to get secondaries around August 25th or so.

yeah... I began getting secondaries as well... but I don't know why it took this long. There are a few others that are also in my situation. I feel bad for them.