4 waitlists, 0 acceptances....reapply when?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

esperando

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
AT WHAT POINT DO I SUCK IT UP AND APPLY AGAIN?

I am currently on 4 waitlists (Irvine, Davis, Drexel, and Penn State) none of which are currently ranked, and have no acceptances.

I am hesitant to reapply just yet, primarily for the financial aspect (although I'm not looking forward to the time investment either.) On the other hand, I feel I should submit my application asap to avoid this situation in the next round. (I submitted my ap. last july 15, and had 1 jan and 3 april interviews which all resulted in alternate lists)

When would you all click SUBMIT on the 2008 AMCAS if you were me?

Members don't see this ad.

I would click it NOW (if your application is complete, your personal statement reviewed and/or modified from advice of others/adcoms/advisers, you are doing what is needed to improve your application, etc.).

With no acceptances at this point, you'd need to assume that you aren't getting in this year. You want to make your best effort for the next application cycle, so don't delay thinking about the past. Get on it now! If you get in, great! If not, you are early in the process for the class of 2012. :luck::luck::luck:

I second the advice. I am waitlisted at one school, primarily because I applied late, but I am not going to wait for them. Each application process is independent to the other. So REAPPLY. AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. You DO NOT want the vicious cycle to happen again (apply late, waitlisted, never get off)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on one WL and I submitted June 11. I would second the vote for submitting now. You don't want to be in a position where you are late for this next year's class in case you have to reapply!

If you get in, the $600 you spend on AMCAS probably won't matter..

I would click it NOW (if your application is complete, your personal statement reviewed and/or modified from advice of others/adcoms/advisers, you are doing what is needed to improve your application, etc.).

With no acceptances at this point, you'd need to assume that you aren't getting in this year. You want to make your best effort for the next application cycle, so don't delay thinking about the past. Get on it now! If you get in, great! If not, you are early in the process for the class of 2012. :luck::luck::luck:

I agree with the above... with one caveat. You can submit you AMCAS with only 1 school. You can proceed through the verification process with this one school designated and buy yourself a few more weeks on the waitlists while your app processes. Once your app is verified, you may add as many other schools as you need to and it will go through instantly. You won't need to be re-verified, all you'll have to do is pay the fee.

I agree with the above... with one caveat. You can submit you AMCAS with only 1 school. You can proceed through the verification process with this one school designated and buy yourself a few more weeks on the waitlists while your app processes. Once your app is verified, you may add as many other schools as you need to and it will go through instantly. You won't need to be re-verified, all you'll have to do is pay the fee.

Great advice! :)

thanks for the great advice, esp. on applying to 1 school until verfied.

I am filling out the transcript request forms and will have them rushed to get this thing rolling asap.