40 hr work week after residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shildebrecht

Ragnar
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard of neurosurgeons setting up their schedule or practice to work around 40 hours a week? Like working three or four days in a row and then taking a few days off?
 
I dont know any who work 40, but I know a bunch of private practice guys who work around 50.
 
kenmc3 said:
I dont know any who work 40, but I know a bunch of private practice guys who work around 50.

Some pathology residents work over 50 hours a week too. At least they don't work them like they use to back in the old days, when many worked over 80 hours a week. Thank goodness for the RRC.