4000 or 4500 characters?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by CyborgNinjaX, Mar 25, 2007.

1. CyborgNinjaX

CyborgNinjaX Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm confused... is there a 4000 character limit or 4500 limit on the personal statement?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. electron

electron Newbie
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
  4. electron

electron Newbie
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thats including spaces

5. CyborgNinjaX

CyborgNinjaX Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I hope you're not offended by me asking this (I'm just paranoid) - do you have any proof of this? My statement is at 4000 right now.

6. EngDentist

EngDentist Perfect Chompers
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Cut and paste from current cycle application:
    "Your Personal Statement should address why you desire to pursue a dental education and how a dental degree contributes to your personal and professional goals.

You are encouraged to compose your statement in a text-only word processor (e.g., Notepad), review your statement for errors, then cut and paste the final version into the text box above. Click the Save button and return to the Personal Statement to review the formatting of your text. You are limited to approximately 1 page (4500 characters, including spaces).

Some formatting characters used in programs like Word (angled quotes, accents, special characters) will not display properly. Carefully review your final text and to make the necessary corrections to the format."

7. OceanBlue

OceanBlue HA! I knew it.
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    ONE IMPORTANT THING THAT I WANT TO POINT OUT FOR THOSE WHO ARE APPLYING.......
    PLEASE PROOFREAD IT LIKE 10X BEFORE YOU SUBMIT IT BECAUSE ONCE YOU CLICK SUBMIT....THAT'S IT!
    Last year I had the word "the" spelled as "he" and I think I had the word "working" as "woking", and I know 5 or 6 people in here also got some dumb spelling mistakes before they submitted it. Seriously, I proofread my thing like 10x, but when I cut and paste it, I think I accidentally deleted some letters. Didn't want ya'll to make the same mistake.;)