41 on MCATS / 2.75 GPA / 4 years of Research / Am a Minority; Should apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow and u havent used any mcat books like princeton review, kaplan, examkrackers? wow. 1) also, how did u study for the anatomy and physiology part of the test? ?? 2) I know u said u studies for 3 months straight but for how many hrs a day? agh plike 6,7 hours a day I wouldnt be surprised. If I wa u I would retake some science course and dreapply next year with that score trust me u will get accpeted .
Wow,

Are you going to try and put together a personal statement using AIM language, too?

You want to go in med. Maybe try and act the part, starting with the language skills.

Members don't see this ad.

Umm, if they are pre-reqs, you will have to retake them. Anything below a C will need to be retaken.

OK, I think I get it now. This is a troll post.

Knock yourself out.

I finished all the pre-reqs within my first two years. Out of the three failed courses, one was an upper level math course (probability) the rest were non-science.

I finished all the pre-reqs within my first two years. Out of the three failed courses, one was an upper level math course (probability) the rest were non-science.

Square the above comments with what you wrote previously:

"My GPA is really low because my third year during undergrad was horrible (as in, I failed three courses). I transferred during my third year of undergrad, and I was simply unprepared (especially considering that the fall semester of my third year consisted of 18.5 credits of mostly science courses). It pretty much destroyed my GPA."

Also, it is pretty damn hard to take "all" of the med school pre-reqs during the first two years of college because of scheduling issues (the Chem sequence is a pre-req for Organic, etc). Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Troll, with a capital "T."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It is possible to take the pre-reqs within your first two years. I finished Gen Chem, Calc and Biology during my first year, then Org Chem and Calc-based Physics during my second. The English req was finished during my first and second year.

And, the "mostly science courses" was not directly referring to the "failed three courses." That semester consisted of 12.5 credits of science courses and 6 credits of non-science courses.

Square the above comments with what you wrote previously:

"My GPA is really low because my third year during undergrad was horrible (as in, I failed three courses). I transferred during my third year of undergrad, and I was simply unprepared (especially considering that the fall semester of my third year consisted of 18.5 credits of mostly science courses). It pretty much destroyed my GPA."

I see that you edited the above comment from your OP and took out references to "mostly science courses" since it doesn't conveniently fit in with your troll thesis.

Also, it is pretty damn hard to take "all" of the med school pre-reqs during the first two years of college because of scheduling issues (the Chem sequence is a pre-req for Organic, etc). Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

Troll, with a capital "T."

apply...but also at the same time apply to a few SMPs...that way you have your bases covered...if you aren't fixated on MD maybe consider DO...

slight365 what's ur prob? I can write however I want its none of ur business.
oh and yeah sciencewiz u still haven't answered my question
wow and u havent used any mcat books like princeton review, kaplan, examkrackers? wow. 1) also, how did u study for the anatomy and physiology part of the test? ?? 2) I know u said u studied for 3 months straight but for how many hrs a day? agh like 6,7 hours a day I wouldn't be surprised. If I was u I would just retake some science courses and reapply next year with that score trust me u will get accepted .

Like I said, I mainly used textbooks. I used some supplementary stuff as well as many resources from the internet. Also, I took a whole lot of practice tests. I usually studied during and after work, so it's hard to say exactly how many hours a day.

wow and u havent used any mcat books like princeton review, kaplan, examkrackers? wow. 1) also, how did u study for the anatomy and physiology part of the test? ?? 2) I know u said u studied for 3 months straight but for how many hrs a day? agh like 6,7 hours a day I wouldn't be surprised. If I was u I would just retake some science courses and reapply next year with that score trust me u will get accepted .

Adrianna, please stop trying to hijack this thread. Check out the 30+ MCAT thread that is stickied in the MCAT forum. There are plenty of people who scored above a 40 who shared their study strategies.

wow and u havent used any mcat books like princeton review, kaplan, examkrackers? wow. 1) also, how did u study for the anatomy and physiology part of the test? ?? 2) I know u said u studied for 3 months straight but for how many hrs a day? agh like 6,7 hours a day I wouldnt be surprised. If I was u I would just retake some science courses and reapply next year with that score trust me u will get accpeted .
I got 40 on my test and I just attended princeton review and did all the problems in their book and also force myself to do a practical test every weekend for 2 months and that works for me, no other secrets.

adrianna is a clueless premed...hoping that one "secret" plan for studying the mcat will miraculously give her an insider chance of getting a 40 on the MCAT...studying for the mcat is basically a fulltime job, there's no secrets or shortcuts to getting a high score

thats why the OP did so well..he basically studied old-schooled and read concepts from the TEXTBOOK.

to the OP..i think u should apply to UCIRVINE..they like hispanic URMs...just from experience...