43% passed BCGP exam in the Spring

Started by pharm B
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Eek, me too. I thought about taking it right before the change to BPS, but ended up watching the entire series of The Sopranos instead of studying/preparing for it.

so you think tony got whacked? he had to right? lol... my fav all time series....
 
I think we all expected a decent drop in the pass rate as management of the exam passed from ASCP to BPS, but yeeeeeesh...

Were they all underprepared or what? In previous years, BCNP has had a similar pass rate, but there were less than 10 people taking it in the data I saw.

BCNP rarely seats more than 15 in a given Spring administration as the exam is almost always the first time failures from Fall. So, it's likely that these guys and gals screwed it up once already. Almost everyone tests in fall because the Purdue and New Mexico programs used to end in mid-July/early-August (been too long to know if that's still the case).

I suspect that's part of the case too for the other Boards, but there isn't the same academic component as there is for BCNP.

Also, having seen the others, I'd argue that the material in the BCNP is more difficult but more straightforward in terms of focus. I'd hate to test for BCPS because it's all over the place for what could show up, whereas for the BCNP, you can generally guess the topic coverage although the law part is a pain to memorize and the math is fairly detailed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yikes I am glad I didn't decide to take it!

Not worth it if you're already in the biz. I'm sure having it will help tremendously if you want to pursue consulting in the future but networking and having a good working relationship matters far more. The whole thing is a money grab anyways, just like the whole "more work/credentials for less pay" mentality that has taken over our profession (as well as some others).