45-day ADT pay while on HPSP

Started by 2th Doc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2th Doc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For a married individual with dependents, what all is included now days in the 45-day ADT pay when on school orders, BASIC, BAH, & BAS?

I used the general pay calculator on militarytimes and it came up with:

$2828.40 (BASIC) (O-1 with 1 year service, dependents)
+$239.96 (BAS)
+$1413 (BAH) (Arizona)
+$0 (COLA)
=$4481.36 per month

Most people say they get around $4k for the whole ADT period, but with this calculation, it should be over $6k. I'm just wondering if something is not included when on school orders, or if this "BAH II" thing that I've read about (in posts that are 5 years old) is coming into play. Thoughts?

Also, how is it determined when your ADT period will be in each year of dental school? I've checked on MODS but it doesn't have any future ADT orders listed yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It says in the handbook for the 45 days of training it comes to about ~$5000. Slightly more than stipends.
 
Got the paperwork in the mail a few weeks back. Does anyone know who I'm supposed to go to or where to turn this paperwork in?!

The instructions are pretty vague. It's the ADT paperwork for sure though...