45 days till the internal medicine shelf !! any suggestions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shejeboshease

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my first month was in-pt; so i didn't have any time to study outside of hospital; i'm now already one week into my out-patient month and in 3 weeks, i will start in-patient again..as for preparation for the shelf, i've only done 1/4 of 'step up to medicine' so far. my plan is to finish my first run of the 'step up to medicine' within the next two weeks and THEN hit the world bank. so i would have about 4 weeks to do all the medicine questions and review 'step up to med' hopefully one more time..is it doable? i will probably not have time to use any other resources.
thanks for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

my first month was in-pt; so i didn't have any time to study outside of hospital; i'm now already one week into my out-patient month and in 3 weeks, i will start in-patient again..as for preparation for the shelf, i've only done 1/4 of 'step up to medicine' so far. my plan is to finish my first run of the 'step up to medicine' within the next two weeks and THEN hit the world bank. so i would have about 4 weeks to do all the medicine questions and review 'step up to med' hopefully one more time..is it doable? i will probably not have time to use any other resources.
thanks for your time.

Sounds like you have already planned out your study schedule, so I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I did Step Up to Medicine plus MKSAP for Students. I really like the electronic version of MKSAP because I loaded onto the computer at my hospital and was able to do a few questions anytime I had down time. By doing the combo of Step Up, doing all the MKSAP questions, then re-reading sections of Step-Up that I felt weak in, I got in the high 80s on the shelf.

Hope that helps.