4th LOR from non-physician

Started by jejun
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jejun

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all, I am close to getting my letters of recommendation and am confident with the quality of three of my letters: Radiology advisor/attending, Medicine attending, Radiology research mentor. All the above letter writers are physicians and well established.

My question is: some programs allow a fourth letter. I extensively tutored for a small company and have had some very positive feedback from my students. Would it be reasonable to get a letter from the Executive Director of the company? I think it could add another dimension to my application. Otherwise, I have asked some other attendings I have had a close relationship with on Peds and Psych.

Input from someone on an admissions committee who reads a lot of letters is appreciated!