4th Student ranked vs. 5th Student ranked

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tink123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have finally completed the interview process for podiatry school and I am torn between two schools. I was checking how the podiatry students "ranked" the schools and the two schools that I am torn between are smack in the middle. I did have the opportunity to go to a "higher ranked" school, but I couldnt see myself there.. Im leaning towards the "lower ranked school" because they are great at making students feel comfortable..However, the other school told me in an interview that if I chose the "lower ranked" school there was no way that I would be as successful..After much research, I found that the curriculum and class size are similar, and I have scholarships at both.. Does it really matter which school I choose? I have to make this decision, but its a tough one.. Any advice would be great!!:p

Members don't see this ad.

If you work hard and apply yourself, you could probably do fine at either school. Still, it's a very important and highly personal decision which you should give much thought...

When you say "feel comfortable" or "couldn't see myself there" what do you mean? Comfortable with the pod upperclassmen you met at the interview? The admissions staff? The faculty/admins? The facilities/location? That's an important distinction. Some of those are good reasons to choose a school, and some will barely affect you at all during your pod education.

I have finally completed the interview process for podiatry school and I am torn between two schools. I was checking how the podiatry students "ranked" the schools and the two schools that I am torn between are smack in the middle. I did have the opportunity to go to a "higher ranked" school, but I couldnt see myself there.. Im leaning towards the "lower ranked school" because they are great at making students feel comfortable..However, the other school told me in an interview that if I chose the "lower ranked" school there was no way that I would be as successful..After much research, I found that the curriculum and class size are similar, and I have scholarships at both.. Does it really matter which school I choose? I have to make this decision, but its a tough one.. Any advice would be great!!:p

Yes and no. I agree that drive determines your success more than a school. But don't be fooled your school choice will effect your career, the degree that it effects it will be determined by you.

Just as a simple example, if you choose to get your MBA from Harvard or U of Phoenix. Will it effect your ability to be a millionaire business man? Yes, can you do it coming from a lesser school, yes. But success may come easier at a better school.

Hope that helps.

If you work hard and apply yourself, you could probably do fine at either school. Still, it's a very important and highly personal decision which you should give much thought...

When you say "feel comfortable" or "couldn't see myself there" what do you mean? Comfortable with the pod upperclassmen you met at the interview? The admissions staff? The faculty/admins? The facilities/location? That's an important distinction. Some of those are good reasons to choose a school, and some will barely affect you at all during your pod education.

I agree with the comfort issue. But to make this an honest assessment look at each posters school and think about why they are saying what they say.

If you attend DMU or Scholl obviously, you feel that your best chance at success is at the top schools. If you go to a lower tier school, you don't want to believe that your will not have the same opportunities as the DMU and Scholl students.