4th year electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Claymore

Yankees Suck
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for 4th year elective clerkships? I don't have too much interest in things like ophtho or pm&r but had heard these might be good ones...what do you all think? Or is it better to just do things that might help prepare me for internship?

Members don't see this ad.

Claymore said:
Anyone have any recommendations for 4th year elective clerkships? I don't have too much interest in things like ophtho or pm&r but had heard these might be good ones...what do you all think? Or is it better to just do things that might help prepare me for internship?

I'm doing a month of pain clinic right now, and it's a great refresher on spinal anatomy.

depends on your schedule, at my school, we do about 12 weeks of required "family practice in disguise" rotations. But we are also required to do a surgical selective block. If your school requires a surgery rotation, I'd recommend neurosurgery, ortho with a person that does spine, or a surgical ICU month.

Of course, if you have time, audition rotations in general neurology at a place you'd like to apply to.