4th year question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carve em up

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so my school will only allow 2 rotations total in any field during the 4th year. I wanna be able to get in rotations at as many rad onc programs as possible. Would it be possible to do a research rotation in a rad onc dept at an away institution, and what would program directors think about a student who came to their intstitution to do such a rotation?

Members don't see this ad.

yes many would be interested and you maybe can squeeze a few days in the clnic with your mentor. Check to see that your program will allow this "research rotation" in rad onc to be not counted as one of the two of that field. good luck.

carve em up said:
Ok, so my school will only allow 2 rotations total in any field during the 4th year. I wanna be able to get in rotations at as many rad onc programs as possible. Would it be possible to do a research rotation in a rad onc dept at an away institution, and what would program directors think about a student who came to their intstitution to do such a rotation?

I did a pure 1 month research rotation back-to-back with another month of clinic rotation (and of course the research portion overlapped with the clinical part once the project gets established after the initial month). PM me if you are interested in the details.