4th year rotation in UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmd2b2009

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm supposed to take my elective rotation from august - september. Is there anyway I can setup a rotation in United Kingdom? We have rotations in germany, japan , etc. through school but none in UK. Did'nt get much of a repsonse from my rotation co-ordinator, thought i'd give it a try here. any help would be awesome...

Thanks!
 
I'm supposed to take my elective rotation from august - september. Is there anyway I can setup a rotation in United Kingdom? We have rotations in germany, japan , etc. through school but none in UK. Did'nt get much of a repsonse from my rotation co-ordinator, thought i'd give it a try here. any help would be awesome...

Thanks!

So how do I set up a rotation in Germany or Japan? We have no international rotations as of now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey there!
I'm a canadian studying pharmacy in the UK
I also work p/t as a tech in a london chain, and have many other pharm friends working at other chains as well.

Its the exact same thing here, just the same drugs are called slightly different names.

I will ask my area manager if they'd take international students for the summer rotation, but there'd also be work visa or student visa issues too I'm sure.
 
Hey there!
I'm a canadian studying pharmacy in the UK
I also work p/t as a tech in a london chain, and have many other pharm friends working at other chains as well.

Its the exact same thing here, just the same drugs are called slightly different names.

I will ask my area manager if they'd take international students for the summer rotation, but there'd also be work visa or student visa issues too I'm sure.

Awesome...yea i'm actually a british citizen (was born in coventry), so visa should not be an issue. I have PM you my info. appreciate it...
 
I think it really depends on your school if they want to set up a new site, and whether the preceptor on the other end is willing to go through with the training to become a preceptor for your school. At my school we have several international elective rotations (Japan, Switzerland, Africa), but new sites have not been accepted due to something about ACPE accreditation. I wanted to make a new site in Hong Kong, but it's not going to happen in time for me, which is too bad.
 
IN UK we have Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) and they are always looking for people to work in clinics in Africa etc. USA used to have the Peace Corps, now and again I see rquests for pharmacy people to go with a med team to Central/South America.
Have a look on the net.
johnep