4th year students have CK and CS completed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JabsterL

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear 4th year students (particularly those who've received interview invites),

Just curious if you have your CK and CS done with scores already reported to programs? Just wondering because I just got my CS results on Wednesday but I don't get my CK score for a month (I take the exam on Thursday), and am wondering about how many more interviews I may be able to attain once programs get my score (assuming it's a good one)?

Also, I'm an IMG, so I've heard it may be more important to a lot of programs to see a P on CS and a good score on CK than if I was an AMG, where with a good Step 1 score CK and CS may not matter as much or at all (at least until they do the final rank list).

Thanks so much and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

My CS came back around the middle of August, and my CK at the very end of September. I didn't get around to sending them to my programs through ERAS until a few days later in October.

All of my interview invites came before I got my CK score back (so, before the programs knew what it was).

not possible to say how many interviews you can expect, but without step 2 you cannot expect very many at all as an IMS. some places wont consider you at all without ECFMG certification which you will not be eligible for as a student.

step 2 doesn't really matter for US students with a few exceptions - some places don't even require it to rank applicants, but there are a few places that do.

Agreed. As an IMG, having Step 2 scores in might help you get interviews. As an AMG, I don't think it would matter unless you had a really bad Step I score, a Step I failure or other academic black marks. Personally, I didn't take CK until November, so I got all my interviews either before I took it or before my score was back.