500 MCAT, 3.81 GPA, 3.72 science GPA. What are my chances at DO schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Conservative

Reaction score
3.81 overal GPA, 3.72 science GPA but a 500 MCAT. I’m a Utah resident and have currently applied to 11 schools(secondaries submitted). What are my chances at II?? Should I applied to more schools and which ones will I have higher chances at?

Members don't see this ad.

Your gpa is really good. Mcat is low obv but depending on your extracurriculars you’d probably be fine if you apply to a wide range of schools. Also if you have the money for it I would apply to your MD state school too.
Edit: just saw you applied to 11 schools. Can we get a school list? And a extracurriculars list?

Your gpa is really good. Mcat is low obv but depending on your extracurriculars you’d probably be fine if you apply to a wide range of schools. Also if you have the money for it I would apply to your MD state school too.
Edit: just saw you applied to 11 schools. Can we get a school list? And a extracurriculars list?
RVUCOM-SU
NSUCOM
LECOM-Bradenton
LMUDCOM
VCOM
ATSOMA
CUSOM
ARCOM
NOORDA-COM
UIWSOM
KYCOM
ACOM
BCOM
(I applied to a couple more) Is this a good list? Or any schools I should also consider? Thanks!

Couple years as Spanish Interpreter in Medical Clinic, Hospice Volunteer, Camp Counselor for Kids with cancer, Personal Trainer for kids with Autism, 1 research experience w/ microbiology professor(planning to start another in fall for my final year w/ Biochem prof), manager for moving company for 3 years, 3 leadership experiences in medical related clubs(one specif preventative medicine), 2 year church service mission in Argentina(my major is also Spanish), collegiate rugby player for one year, TA for lower level chem, CCU Runner in hospital, PCT for Volunteer Clinic.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could add these DO schools to your application:
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
WVSOM
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
TUNCOM
MU-COM

RVUCOM-SU
NSUCOM
LECOM-Bradenton
LMUDCOM
VCOM
ATSOMA
CUSOM
ARCOM
NOORDA-COM
UIWSOM
KYCOM
ACOM
BCOM
(I applied to a couple more) Is this a good list? Or any schools I should also consider? Thanks!

Couple years as Spanish Interpreter in Medical Clinic, Hospice Volunteer, Camp Counselor for Kids with cancer, Personal Trainer for kids with Autism, 1 research experience w/ microbiology professor(planning to start another in fall for my final year w/ Biochem prof), manager for moving company for 3 years, 3 leadership experiences in medical related clubs(one specif preventative medicine), 2 year church service mission in Argentina(my major is also Spanish), collegiate rugby player for one year, TA for lower level chem, CCU Runner in hospital, PCT for Volunteer Clinic.
Sounds like some solid extracurriculars.
I would add William Carey. They’re a Christian college and UWISOM is as well so it’s good that one is on your list. You’ll probably fit their mission.
I would also add DMU, the pcoms, touro Nevada, Rowan, UNE, and maybe nyit. If you’re in the pnw area I would also throw an app at pnwu.

Also don’t freak out if you don’t get an II right away. I got my first in December and then got 4 from late January-april.

Sounds like some solid extracurriculars.
I would add William Carey. They’re a Christian college and UWISOM is as well so it’s good that one is on your list. You’ll probably fit their mission.
I would also add DMU, the pcoms, touro Nevada, Rowan, UNE, and maybe nyit. If you’re in the pnw area I would also throw an app at pnwu.

Also don’t freak out if you don’t get an II right away. I got my first in December and then got 4 from late January-april.
Thank you! I’m applying to PCOMs, Touro Nevada, and UNE as well! Might as well go big! Also just received an II from ARCOM so that’s a good sign! Let’s go!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users