503 MCAT 2.9 GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted727644

Hello what DO schools should I apply to? Thank you in advance!

GPA: cumulative: 2.9 and science should be very similar. SMP GPA: 3.3
MCAT: 503
State of residence: Georgia
Race/Ethnicity: Asian
Clinical experience (volunteer and non-volunteer): Rural clinic: 2 years
Research experience: None
Shadowing experience and specialties represented: None
Non-clinical volunteering: TA for lab and officer position in organization: 1 year
Paid employment: Clinic receptionist: 1 year

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is your state of residence ? What is the nature of your 2 years in a rural clinic ? any patient contact in your clinical experience or paid employment ?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ? What is the nature of your 2 years in a rural clinic ? any patient contact in your clinical experience or paid employment ?
Georgia. Lots of patient contact in the rural clinic and working with the doctors there. It was a volunteer position. The receptionist position was mainly helping patients with insurance and answering phone calls.

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
LUCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
There may also be a school opening in Orlando and 2 in Montana so apply to those also.

I suggest these DO schools with your stats:
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM
NYIT-AR
ARCOM
LUCOM
WVSOM
UP-KYCOM
LECOM (all schools)
BCOM
ICOM
Noorda-COM
KHSC-COM (new school)
There may also be a school opening in Orlando and 2 in Montana so apply to those also.
Do any of these have a cut off of 3.0 GPA?

You would need to check with each school to see if they have a hard cutoff. The VCOMs and CUSOM have a hard cutoff which is why I did not include those schools.

does anyone know if DO schools count SMP GPA for science GPA? do they take that into consideration if it’s way higher than my undergraduate GPA?

does anyone know if DO schools count SMP GPA for science GPA? do they take that into consideration if it’s way higher than my undergraduate GPA?
You need to spend some time going through each school’s website to see what it says concerning this.

You need to spend some time going through each school’s website to see what it says concerning this.
If Each school said anything specific regarding SMPs, I wouldn’t be here asking.The whole point to ask on here is to see if experienced people or experts knows anything. If you don’t know that’s fine because i don’t mind calling or emailing each and every school. Save yourself the time and Don’t waste it commenting.

Oh and thank you for answering my question in another post:
“If a Masters it isn’t averaged with your undergrad GPA for AMCAS. It is for AACOMAS. A post bacc is averaged into your undergrad GPA for AMCAS.”

Last edited by a moderator:
AACOMAS calculation: Calculating Your AACOMAS GPAs
I think AACOMAS includes graduate GPA but use their calculator to be sure.

Now individual DO schools can calculate and adjust as they see fit. They reserve the right to weigh more recent coursework depending on a number of factors (when did you take undergrad courses).