50's UWORLD Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samsamani

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i started doing 40 UWORLD questions everyday for about 2 weeks (Timed, Multisystems that i covered on first semester), iv'e been averaging 50's on every test (National average on 60's for every test). I know that some people take these exams differently so i'm not really big on the national average. Im wondering how everyone else is scoring at this level, and if the 50's is really low?? Im taking the real deal in 6 months. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone approaches UW differently. I felt it was better (for me) to do a review of material before starting UW so I could apply my knowledge to the questions instead of missing things because of not being familiar with it for a year.

Reactions: 1 user
might want to do more focused system based block of questions. e.g. review GI, do GI questions. switch to mixed later

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with the above. I actually had a friend who was doing the same as you (50s) and met with him to try and help. I told him to start doing a comprehensive review and go through it block by block and his scores came up pretty quick. People say all the time you need to do random (which I agree with if you have a strong base), but if you are someone who is still trying to learn (hence the 50s), then you getting random bits of info at a time is not going to help you paint a picture of a topic in its entirety which is needed to do well.

Reactions: 1 users
Give a question journal a try to help find trends! Found a process that might be helpful

I do 20qs in the morning on random and for the first 2 weeks was getting 55-65%. Started a question journal hitting down 5-10 words on why I got something wrong.

Identified test taking anxiety & tried the following (yup it’s crazy but seriously give it a go, some new age ****)
-do q’s w a stress ball, give a squeeze after each question to get some stress level feedback.

-get something wrong, immediately evaluate what went wrong in your mental process. Write down your error and correction. *Do not make the same mistake again*

-get 2-3 things wrong in a row? Literally stand up and out loud state a performance mantra.

Uworld random went up to 75-85# correct (2.5 weeks now) and just scored a 230 on Sim 1, so yup sounds crazy but it works I guess. I do questions on tutor b/c time isn’t an issue for me during practice exams

Give a question journal a try to help find trends! Found a process that might be helpful

I do 20qs in the morning on random and for the first 2 weeks was getting 55-65%. Started a question journal hitting down 5-10 words on why I got something wrong.

Identified test taking anxiety & tried the following (yup it’s crazy but seriously give it a go, some new age ****)
-do q’s w a stress ball, give a squeeze after each question to get some stress level feedback.

-get something wrong, immediately evaluate what went wrong in your mental process. Write down your error and correction. *Do not make the same mistake again*

-get 2-3 things wrong in a row? Literally stand up and out loud state a performance mantra.

Uworld random went up to 75-85# correct (2.5 weeks now) and just scored a 230 on Sim 1, so yup sounds crazy but it works I guess. I do questions on tutor b/c time isn’t an issue for me during practice exams

Can't take a koosh ball with you to the test area during the real test

Hey guys, i started doing 40 UWORLD questions everyday for about 2 weeks (Timed, Multisystems that i covered on first semester), iv'e been averaging 50's on every test (National average on 60's for every test). I know that some people take these exams differently so i'm not really big on the national average. Im wondering how everyone else is scoring at this level, and if the 50's is really low?? Im taking the real deal in 6 months. Thank you.

I started out in the 40s in my dedicated period! My strategy was to learn from questions, rather than to study beforehand before tackling questions. Ended up with a 262. Your initial UW percentage is by no means deterministic!

Reactions: 3 users