N/A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

velvetcoffee

Coffee
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most MD schools know that they will have a hard time competing against the cheap in-state tuition that Texas residents can get. A couple OOS that might be worth applying to:

Tulane
MCW (since you have done research there)
Wayne State (large class size)
Drexel (maybe, similar to above)

Most MD schools know that they will have a hard time competing against the cheap in-state tuition that Texas residents can get. A couple OOS that might be worth applying to:

Tulane
MCW (since you have done research there)
Wayne State (large class size)
Drexel (maybe, similar to above)
dang really! Sad because I actually don't even want to be in Texas. My fam is moving out of here lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Apply to all the schools in the state where your parents are moving. Note the move when asked about ties

dang really! Sad because I actually don't even want to be in Texas. My fam is moving out of here lol.
Unfortunately, yes. You have a very attractive application, but are still a non-URM from TX with a slightly below average MCAT for successful White applicants. You are likely to receive several As from TX schools, and will be unlikely to give up IS TX tuition when you will not be eligible for IS tuition anywhere your parents might be going.

Schools know this. The stats are dismal. 5884 people applied from TX in the past reported cycle (the class that entered last fall). 1607 matriculated IS, 323 OOS, and 3954 not at all. As I said before, you look like an attractive applicant, so I think it is far more likely than not that you will be successful, although there are no guarantees until you receive your first A. That said, the odds also overwhelmingly point to you staying in TX, either by choice or otherwise (5 to 1).

Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately, yes. You have a very attractive application, but are still a non-URM from TX with a slightly below average MCAT for successful White applicants. You are likely to receive several As from TX schools, and will be unlikely to give up IS TX tuition when you will not be eligible for IS tuition anywhere your parents might be going.

Schools know this. The stats are dismal. 5884 people applied from TX in the past reported cycle (the class that entered last fall). 1607 matriculated IS, 323 OOS, and 3954 not at all. As I said before, you look like an attractive applicant, so I think it is far more likely than not that you will be successful, although there are no guarantees until you receive your first A. That said, the odds also overwhelmingly point to you staying in TX, either by choice or otherwise (5 to 1).
Yeah, I just know I'm not competitive for the Texas schools I like... unless they love the research aspects or something.

Yeah, I just know I'm not competitive for the Texas schools I like... unless they love the research aspects or something.
Why do you say this? I think you will be very competitive for the TX schools, unless you are just limiting yourself to Baylor and UTSW, which, yes, would be unrealistic with a 512. @wysdoc???

Why do you say this? I think you will be very competitive for the TX schools, unless you are just limiting yourself to Baylor and UTSW, which, yes, would be unrealistic with a 512. @wysdoc???
Yes, they are competitive for TMDSAS schools