MD 525 MCAT, 3.68sGPA, 3.79cGPA. WAMC? Help with Safety Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

begoood95

The Friendly Gunner™
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
[Deleted for anonymity; PM for details.]

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
not considered URM

Remove UW, Penn State, Baylor, Vermont (assuming this is what you mean by UV), Tufts, UMass

Add NYU, Sinai, Rochester, WashU in St. Louis, Northwestern, UChicago, Duke, Michigan, USC-Keck, Vanderbilt

Reactions: 1 users
not considered URM

Remove UW, Penn State, Baylor, Vermont (assuming this is what you mean by UV), Tufts, UMass

Add NYU, Sinai, Rochester, WashU in St. Louis, Northwestern, UChicago, Duke, Michigan, USC-Keck, Vanderbilt
I added the asterisk to UW and forgot to explain, I have family over there but I know that they very strongly have a bias for WWAMI residents. Is it really that impossible to get in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I added the asterisk to UW and forgot to explain, I have family over there but I know that they very strongly have a bias for WWAMI residents. Is it really that impossible to get in?

Essentially you have to be a resident of WWAMI or it's not gonna happen

Unfortunately don't have helpful information for ya, but just wanted to post to say that you sound like a super interesting person! I hope the admissions folk see it that way, too :)

@LizzyM I know this thread is old, but I noticed you commenting on another about whether or not her/his list was too top heavy, so I thought you might be able to help me in the same way. Is my list too top heavy? I appreciate your help!

You're a rock star; aim high:

I suggest:
Harvard
Wash U
Yale
Stanford
U Chicago
U Penn
U VA
U MI
U AZ
U Colorado
U VM
U WI or U IA
Ohio State
Jefferson
UCSF
UCLA,
UCSD,
U Cincy
Miami
Albert Einstein
Tulane
Loyola
Emory
BU
USC/Keck
JHU
Mayo
Pitt
Northwestern
NYU
Vanderbilt
Columbia
Sinai
Cornell
Duke
Case
Hofstra
Your state school
UTx SW
UTx-H
Baylor (maybe)

Sorry this is a bit long but as a long time lurker, I figured having more detail would help! Here it goes, finally:

Thank you @LizzyM and @Goro for your help! You all do some great things around here, and I don't think I would be in the position I am now without the advice and resources of this community.

Reactions: 1 user
Alright @WedgeDawg @Goro @LizzyM I screwed up and jumped the gun on the pub. The PI and I had sent it in, and he was confident it would get accepted without an issue and (of course) it wasn't--though it wasn't a flat out no, it was a "you need to change this and this... and this [which will take time, and thus will end up making the actual paper take too long to place on my application]."

Would this alter my list much? I mean, admissions committees aren't looking for grad students as much as they're looking for those with sound scientific reasoning and comprehension skills, right?

P.S. I apologize for resurrecting this thread so much, but I thought it'd be better than to spam the main forum board. Thank you!

You can always list the pub and say that it has been approved pending revisions which are underway. Then you have a decent excuse to update your file 4-6 months after you submit and to say that you are still interested in the school(s).

You can always list the pub and say that it has been approved pending revisions which are underway. Then you have a decent excuse to update your file 4-6 months after you submit and to say that you are still interested in the school(s).
This is the first thing that came to mind, and what I will probably do (assuming it gets published). Thanks again for the help!

That may be the best piece of advice I ever read on sdn

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile