525 on new MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted717060

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely not impossible, although you can probably imagine it's extremely difficult. The general consensus on SDN is that luck can play a significant role in any score above 515. The percentiles separating those scores are pretty small, and some versions of the MCAT can play to people's strengths (getting lucky) and others can play to weaknesses.

Just saying though, who cares whether or not they're lying. There's more important things to care about than another person's MCAT score.

Can someone who is familiar with the new MCAT tell me how feasible getting a 525 is? I'm not taking it (took the old one) or looking for advice, but I am just curious about the difficulty of achieving that score on the new one.

TLDR: Basically, I know of someone who claims to have received a 525. I want to know how likely it is that it is BS.

Well... it's a score in the top percentile. Someone can achieve it, but generally speaking it's extremely unlikely. I'm not sure how this is a question someone can actually answer. Why not just ask to see the score report? When I got my scores I just took a photo, but that was for family, not random person I decided to brag to.

If you're a friend, I imagine they'd show it ("oh, I've never seen a new MCAT report"). If it's someone could be blowing smoke... who cares what they got? Option 1) they got the score, and you can rationalize how it's luck above a 520?, or 2) they didn't, and you can say they are a liar?