6-year programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neil6790

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Hello.

Which 0+6 pharmacy schools are easy to get into if you meet the 3.0 GPA and apply super early?

For example, a 4.0 GPA student applies a month after a 3.0 GPA student applies, but the 3.0 GPA student gets priority since he applied one month earlier and has met the 3.0 GPA transfer requirement. Which schools work this way?

Therefore, when the pharmacy school needs a transfer applicant, they will choose the 3.0 GPA applicant that applied first.

Thanks.

University of Pittsburgh does a semi-6 year program. You have to rank in the upper 10% of your graduating class, score 1250 or higher on the SAT1 combined Math and Critical Reading sections, and score 650 or higher on the SAT1 Math section and you'll get conditional acceptance. But you have to apply early, they start accepting people in September of their senior year.

If you apply and get conditional acceptance, you are essentially accepted into the program as long at you maintain a 3.25, and don't get anything lower than a C. Only 50 or so people get it a year, but its always worth a shot. Its much nicer than stressing over whether or not you will get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't get what you're trying to say xcvbvcfgh.

Neil

I am asking what 0+6 pharmacy schools are easy to transfer into if you just apply early on so that you could be put on the top of the waiting list. Even with low GPA and PCAT, they put you on the wait list based on the time you submit your application for their 0+6 program as a transfer student. So, the sooner you submit the sooner you get placed on the waitlist and when a regular 0+6 pharmacy student drops out, they take the top students from the wait list to fully matriculate into their program (in year 3 of year 6).

Please PM me with answers. I want answers directly sent into my inbox.

Thank you.

I am asking what 0+6 pharmacy schools are easy to transfer into if you just apply early on so that you could be put on the top of the waiting list. Even with low GPA and PCAT, they put you on the wait list based on the time you submit your application for their 0+6 program as a transfer student. So, the sooner you submit the sooner you get placed on the waitlist and when a regular 0+6 pharmacy student drops out, they take the top students from the wait list to fully matriculate into their program (in year 3 of year 6).

Thank you.

gimme, gimme, gimme, etc...

Thank you.

Basically, you are asking which 0+6 schools rank their waiting list/interview list based on the time of application. I haven't heard of any schools that do that. More likely, a better question is to ask which 0+6 schools are rolling admission based, making early application better for initial acceptance.

I'm not sure why your question deserves private answers. Having answers in the SDN public would help future applicants.;)

From the Northeastern University (Boston) website:

The School of Pharmacy is no longer admitting undergraduate transfer students into the PharmD Program. However, applicants with a bachelor's degree may apply to the Graduate Entry PharmD Program.

Virginia Commonwealth University used to have a 2+4 program (2 years undergrad + 4 years pharm school). Now it's a 3+4 program. It's called the guarenteed admission program. Basically, if you get in, you go for 3 years undergrad and are guarenteed a spot in pharmacy school. You need to keep a 3.5 gpa.

Im kinda confused about these programs. I already have my bachelors in biochem and finishing up my masters this year, teaching chem labs and research and I applying this year...but what i wanted to know about these programs is are people who already have a bachelors..can they apply and if admitted will they have to do the whole 6 years or is it a 4 year thing??

If you already have a bachelors, and you apply to pharm school and get in, you will only go for 4 years in grad school. The 6 year thing is for students who don't have an undergrad degree yet.

Thank you.

I'll PM you those answers as well as my personal statement and letters of recommendation (as you have requested in other threads).

I really hope nobody fell for it and sent him anything.

Hello.

Should I apply to 0+6 pharmacy schools because they are easier to get into when current students from the program drop out?

Is it true that 0+6 pharmacy schools strictly look for GPA when they decide who to admit into their transfer program?

Which 0+6 pharmacy schools also factor in PCAT scores, EC, LOR, personal statement strongly than just the GPA? My GPA is NOT a 4.0. It is around a 3.3 but I have a b.s. degree from a 4 year university with a GPA of 3.64.

Thanks.

Wilkes University-
Wilkes-barre, Pa (outside scranton)
0-6 program.

any more school anyone else knows?

If I already have a bach degree and am applying to a 6 year school as a freshman(year 1) student, will that improve my chances?

Does Temple University have a 6-Year Pharm.D program?

You can apply to these programs straight out of high school, correct? I have a 3.8 overall GPA in highschool

The University of Michigan has a preferred admit program:

http://www.umich.edu/~pharmacy/prospective/admissions/preferredadmin.html

The College of Pharmacy cooperates with the U-M College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LS&A) in a program to guarantee admission to the Pharm.D. program for highly qualified entering freshmen. Since many students feel compelled to take a narrowly structured pre-pharmacy program to enhance their qualifications for the Pharm.D. program, the preferred admission program gives already qualified students the freedom to choose more diverse courses during their pre-pharmacy study.

Students admitted to the College of LS&A will be considered for the preferred admission program in pharmacy based on their academic qualifications and their desire, expressed on their application to the College of LS&A, to enter the field of pharmacy. The College of Pharmacy Admissions Committee will select students for the program and notify them by March 1.

Students must submit their regular University admission application by the deadline specified by the Admissions Office to be considered for this program (contact the Admissions Office directly for the date). Failure to be selected for the preferred admission program does not jeopardize a student's admission to the College of LS&A or the opportunity to apply for regular admission to the Pharm.D. program at a later date.

Once admitted, students have up to three years to fulfill entry requirements. Students are considered competitive for the program if they score 29 or better on the ACT or 1280 or better on the SAT and maintain a 3.5 grade point average as calculated by the University of Michigan. They also must have completed at least three years of laboratory science (biology, chemistry, and physics) and four years of college preparatory mathematics, all with grades of B or better.

Once admitted to the preferred admission program, students must earn a grade of B or better in all prerequisite courses at the University of Michigan. They must confirm their intention to enter the Pharm.D. program by submitting a cross-campus application and required credentials by the equal consideration deadline (December 1) for the fall term when they wish to transfer to the College of Pharmacy. While enrolled in the College of LS&A, students in the preferred admission program must use the counseling and academic advising services of the College of Pharmacy and the College of LS&A.

I know of one person (it's a handful of students and I'd assume a good proportion of them drop out because high schoolers often don't know what they really want when applying to colleges) who completed the program, but he said it was difficult to get the required grades. This program, however, does not force you to complete your University of Michigand undergraduate degree.