68w to civilian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kirk.benitez

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK so I joined the army 3yrs ago, I had already been a emt b for 2 yrs prior to the army.

currently I've been looking into becoming a md, now I don't have a baccalaureate. so my question is how would I go about it?

Members don't see this ad.

Once you ETS plan on attending an affordable undergrad and living in such a way that you don't have to work during the school year to support yourself. Get with your pre-med advisor early and hammer out a class plan that gets you through your pre-reqs in an efficient manner (Bio and Chem 1&2 first year, orgo 2nd, physics and biochem 3rd). Work hard, get good grades. Do well on the MCAT. Profit.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OK so I joined the army 3yrs ago, I had already been a emt b for 2 yrs prior to the army.

currently I've been looking into becoming a md, now I don't have a baccalaureate. so my question is how would I go about it?
Are you a 68W in the Guard or active? I just gained my commission as a med student after 6 years as a 68W with the Guard. Getting into med school is no different when you're in the military you just get all the healthcare and education benefits like the GI Bill and Tuition Waiver (if in the Guard). Being in the National Guard didn't slow down my path into med school like a lot of the SDNers claim will happen, although, I was lucky in my 1 trip out of the county which had fairly decent wifi so I was able to keep doing online classes. So deployments could slow you down but the benefits outweigh the cons in my opinion.

hands down best state to be a resident of if you want to become a physician. I would recommend looking into scholarships for veterans, there seems to be quite a few small scholarships out there.