6R BIO just raped me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jv00927

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the difficulty of 6R bio!!! :eek: It was a freakin' verbal exam plus the organic stuff was convoluted. I haven't scored my test yet but I am not so optimistic. This bio was by far the hardest I have ever done in my test preparation. I'm really scared now that I've seen how the real bio MCAT will be. :scared: Anybody thought it was difficult as well?

Members don't see this ad.

jv00927 said:
I cannot believe the difficulty of 6R bio!!! :eek: It was a freakin' verbal exam plus the organic stuff was convoluted. I haven't scored my test yet but I am not so optimistic. This bio was by far the hardest I have ever done in my test preparation. I'm really scared now that I've seen how the real bio MCAT will be. :scared: Anybody thought it was difficult as well?

I thought it was very difficult.... I managed a 10... but that's after getting a 10 on 8 and spending a week on bio.... haha so I would definitely agree the difficulty went up...

A lot of stuff going on intuition I thought.... that being said.... I want 10's and the rest is just bonus.... so I was happy that I got through it with my goal... hopefully means given a brutal bio section I could still manage to get into med school...

I just took the biology section for 6R today too, and it was pretty hard. The bio sections on 7-9 are easier, though, so don't get too discouraged.

I'm seriously surprised at how I even scored. I got a 9 on it which is good considering I guess on a ton of the questions. I haven't taken 8 and 9. I took 7 though a week ago and got a 10. I seem to freak out when I get those experimentals with a ton of new terms and those that have answers that almost look like I'm doing a verbal section. Anyway, I'm hoping to improve bio score during these last few days (I just go EK bio on the library, maybe that'll familiarize me with immunology more and genetics, which I usually find difficult). Surprisingly, my verbal went up from 8 in 5R to 10 in 6R. Don't know what happened there but can't complain. I hardly get 9's on EK. Anyway, I better get stop rambling. Good luck on your studies y'all.

Members don't see this ad :)
gawd, I am so afraid.

4R raped me...my preliminary scores from 5R look so much better already

hmm..I thought it was ok..some of the genetics passages/discretes were confusing, but I got the majority of my points off on the orgo passages(which makes me hopeful because there will be much orgo on the mcat this time around!)

Yes, 6R BIO was tough. Still managed a good score on that section, but it was a slight decrease from my 5R score. Ended up going down to the wire on that section. Don't let it get you down; I think it was the hardest of the sections I've taken thus far.

Keep up the studying :thumbup:

osjx-82 said:
gawd, I am so afraid.

4R raped me...my preliminary scores from 5R look so much better already

Sorry to hear about the 4R, but sweet improvement on your 5R verbal score! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

nutster said:
Sorry to hear about the 4R, but sweet improvement on your 5R verbal score! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

thanks nutster. If only I could consistently score in the mid-30's like you I'd be extremely happy!!

Nutster your scores look amazing. Did you take 3R without studying or was it with studying. How did you study, and was it practice or familiarity with the topics that led to great improvements.

Yea...I found 6R bio very discouraging as I was writing it too...ended up with a 12 though...i'm aiming for a 13 on the real thing.

Wow I am greatful i found this thread, I did 6r and was sorely disappointed with my bio as well, and was quite depressed about it. Now I have some hope again!

jv00927 said:

I thought it was a lot of reading comprehension too. I felt like I was reading one of those very uninteresting verbal passages that is hard to pay attention to. Overall I ended up doing well on it with 11/11/11 but I hope that my BS score goes up on 7, 8, 9 based on what you guys are saying. Good luck to everyone.

6R bio sucked while taking it, but I ended up with a 12 ( :eek: ) with some breathing room. Don't get discouraged, I thought the test was heavily weighted toward some concepts and probably not the most indicative of the real deal.