7/12/2017 DAT Breakdown! 22AA/21TS/21PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ant951

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just took the DAT today like two hours ago! Boi o Boi did I think I was going to get bamboozled. My scores aren't as dazzling like the others however, I wanted to make this post, as the numerous DAT breakdowns others have presented really gave me insight and hope in obtaining a good score!

To start off, a quick shout out to Ari, Mike, Feralis, and Orgoman! Thank you for the tools you have all provided me, as they have allowed me to strive for something I only thought was once but a dream (':

My Scores:
PAT - 21
QR - 25
RC - 20
BIO - 19
GC - 23
OC - 23
TS - 21
AA - 22

PAT (21)
- The only source I used for this was DAT Bootcamp. Those generators that everyone has been talking about are great. I would usually practice for about 10-15 minutes each day for all of the sections. In regards to Keyholes or TFE, I used the additional problems and subject specifics to continually review.
- When comparing bootcamp with the DAT, the PAT sections felt quite in par. The only section that I found to be "harder" was the TFE portion.

QR (25)
- Alright so for quantitative reasoning, I used Bootcamp, math destroyer, and DAT destroyer. I did 10 sections of the math destroyer and finished all of the math portion for the DAT destroyer. For bootcamp, I just did the subject specifics tests and practice tests. I definitely recommend to use all three. Bootcamp's subject specific (Quantitative Comparison) were on point. On the real test, I got at least 10 questions in regards to those and using Bootcamp the thought process they presented helped a lot in terms of my pace through this section.
- The QR was actually really easy. When I was studying, I was stressin' on this section, as I had put it off two weeks prior to my exam. I was legit ready to take an L. BUT with the almighty powers of bootcamp and math destroyer, I was able to dominate it. In terms of the level of difficulty, I found it to be around that of DAT destroyer. However, to solve the word-problems quickly, I definitely suggest Math Destroyer, as it helped me with a lot of the difficult ones.

RC (20)
- For reading comprehension, I just used Bootcamp. I ran through three practice tests just to get the feel of how the section would be and just did my daily reading.
- Reading comprehension was also pretty easy! I didn't do too hot on this section since I wasted so much time reading the first passage (it was interesting). The passages were in all very easy to read. However, some of the questions they worded were really weird and had you apply a lot of the concepts that came from the reading itself.

BIO (19)
- This is the one section I studied so hard for and got the lowest ):. In terms of studying, I utilized DAT Bootcamp's practice tests, Cliff's AP 3rd edition, Feralis's notes, and DAT destroyer (only half of biology was done tho). I studied for this section pairing Cliff's along with Feralis's notes to get a feel as to what concepts I should jot down. In terms of studying, I typed up my own set of notes and reviewed them every other day. I utilized Bootcamp's practice tests to refine the concepts I already understood and to discern any of my weak points. For DAT destroyer, I utilized the questions to evaluate any missing details in regards to my notes.
- Yo, so for this section, man it was prettyyyy random. I guessed on about 6 questions for this section.

GC (23)
- Alright Mike's videos!!! I utilized mike's videos and half of the DAT destroyer chem section. I know a lot of people use CHAD as its popular. However, if you are trying to save a bit of cash or are willing to try something else. I definitely recommend Mike's videos from bootcamp. The videos were paced well and the concepts were also explained thoroughly. Additionally, if there was a concept that you yourself did not understand, you always contact him on Bootcamp! I also utilized the DAT destroyer to better hone my skills.
- The real DAT's chemistry section was on pair with that of Bootcamp.

OC (23)
- I did the exact same thing as above!
- Note* The reactions I saw on the test were all covered by Mike!

Additional Notes: I studied for 6 weeks like a mad man (8-10 hours a day). I don't recommend this, as I almost went crazy. Definitely try to get some sleep before the exam. I was so nervous the night before, that I didn't even sleep before the exam! I went in there half awake. Luckily, through the pains and worries, I awakened my sharingan.

Feel confident! You all got this! Hopefully, this gave you some giggles during your breaks from studying haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 5 users
Haha great scores! Enjoy the rest of the summer. What did your bootcamp practice scores look like?

Reactions: 1 user
Haha great scores! Enjoy the rest of the summer. What did your bootcamp practice scores look like?
For bootcamp, I did not take any of the full-lengths and only the practice tests. I'll give you a rough average of what I got on each section! RC (~20); QR (~19); OC (~24); GC (~24); BIO (~23); PAT (~20).

Members don't see this ad :)
So just took the DAT today like two hours ago! Boi o Boi did I think I was going to get bamboozled. My scores aren't as dazzling like the others however, I wanted to make this post, as the numerous DAT breakdowns others have presented really gave me insight and hope in obtaining a good score!

To start off, a quick shout out to Ari, Mike, Feralis, and Orgoman! Thank you for the tools you have all provided me, as they have allowed me to strive for something I only thought was once but a dream (':

My Scores:
PAT - 21
QR - 25
RC - 20
BIO - 19
GC - 23
OC - 23
TS - 21
AA - 22

PAT (21)
- The only source I used for this was DAT Bootcamp. Those generators that everyone has been talking about are great. I would usually practice for about 10-15 minutes each day for all of the sections. In regards to Keyholes or TFE, I used the additional problems and subject specifics to continually review.
- When comparing bootcamp with the DAT, the PAT sections felt quite in par. The only section that I found to be "harder" was the TFE portion.

QR (25)
- Alright so for quantitative reasoning, I used Bootcamp, math destroyer, and DAT destroyer. I did 10 sections of the math destroyer and finished all of the math portion for the DAT destroyer. For bootcamp, I just did the subject specifics tests and practice tests. I definitely recommend to use all three. Bootcamp's subject specific (Quantitative Comparison) were on point. On the real test, I got at least 10 questions in regards to those and using Bootcamp the thought process they presented helped a lot in terms of my pace through this section.
- The QR was actually really easy. When I was studying, I was stressin' on this section, as I had put it off two weeks prior to my exam. I was legit ready to take an L. BUT with the almighty powers of bootcamp and math destroyer, I was able to dominate it. In terms of the level of difficulty, I found it to be around that of DAT destroyer. However, to solve the word-problems quickly, I definitely suggest Math Destroyer, as it helped me with a lot of the difficult ones.

RC (20)
- For reading comprehension, I just used Bootcamp. I ran through three practice tests just to get the feel of how the section would be and just did my daily reading.
- Reading comprehension was also pretty easy! I didn't do too hot on this section since I wasted so much time reading the first passage (it was interesting). The passages were in all very easy to read. However, some of the questions they worded were really weird and had you apply a lot of the concepts that came from the reading itself.

BIO (19)
- This is the one section I studied so hard for and got the lowest ):. In terms of studying, I utilized DAT Bootcamp's practice tests, Cliff's AP 3rd edition, Feralis's notes, and DAT destroyer (only half of biology was done tho). I studied for this section pairing Cliff's along with Feralis's notes to get a feel as to what concepts I should jot down. In terms of studying, I typed up my own set of notes and reviewed them every other day. I utilized Bootcamp's practice tests to refine the concepts I already understood and to discern any of my weak points. For DAT destroyer, I utilized the questions to evaluate any missing details in regards to my notes.
- Yo, so for this section, man it was prettyyyy random. I guessed on about 6 questions for this section.

GC (23)
- Alright Mike's videos!!! I utilized mike's videos and half of the DAT destroyer chem section. I know a lot of people use CHAD as its popular. However, if you are trying to save a bit of cash or are willing to try something else. I definitely recommend Mike's videos from bootcamp. The videos were paced well and the concepts were also explained thoroughly. Additionally, if there was a concept that you yourself did not understand, you always contact him on Bootcamp! I also utilized the DAT destroyer to better hone my skills.

OC (23)

Additional Notes: I studied for 6 weeks like a mad man (8-10 hours a day). I don't recommend this, as I almost went crazy. Definitely try to get some sleep before the exam. I was so nervous the night before, that I didn't even sleep before the exam! I went in there half awake. Luckily, through the pains and worries, I awakened my sharingan.

Feel confident! You all got this! Hopefully, this gave you some giggles during your breaks from studying haha.

Congrats on the great scores!!!!!! Great breakdown as well!!!! Let me know if you have any questions

My Scores:
PAT - 21
QR - 25
RC - 20
BIO - 19
GC - 23
OC - 23
TS - 21
AA - 22

PAT (21)

QR (25)

RC (20)

BIO (19)

GC (23)

OC (23)

Congratulations! Your scores are fantastic! Love your Chem scores and the QR !

If you have any questions feel free to message.

Dr. Romano

They only completed half the BIO in Destroyer, if you are using Destroyer I highly recommend you complete all the work, ESPECIALLY BIO.

When are you taking the DAT?
Finished Destroyer bio twice and I'm taking it in 6 days. I found it helpful and I feel like going through it a third time but I don't think I'll have time with the practice exams I'm taking. Any last minute tips?

Finished Destroyer bio twice and I'm taking it in 6 days. I found it helpful and I feel like going through it a third time but I don't think I'll have time with the practice exams I'm taking. Any last minute tips?

That's good!! What other preparations have you done for the biology section?

Fantastic!!!!

Check your messages.

Last edited:
You crushed it! Don't let the outliers on SDN bring you down, a 22 AA is a rare score and exceptional. Congratulations on all your scores, your hard work has paid off!

Reactions: 1 users