7/16 dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiger15

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm more of a nontypical applicant, i'll be applying a year early with the hopes that my DAT, GPA and volunteer/work hours will be good enough to get in. I have a 3.7 GPA and a 3.6 sGPA
Here are my DAT scores:
QR-22
RC-21
Bio-22
Gchem-17
Ochem-17
TS-19
AA-20
PAT-23

I started studying 2 weeks before the test. I really didn't use too many study tools, especially in the chemisrty, as you can tell. I probably should have studied more for chemistry but I was really anxious to get the test over with as soon as I could. I used Topscore, dat achiever, ADA 2007 and 2009 practice tests, and the dat destroyer.

I started with the destroyer, just 50 or so problems from each section then checking my answers and reading the reason and explanations given. I took the 3 topscore tests in the first week to see how I would do then got the achiever set of 7. If I could go back i would not buy the achiever package the tests were nothing like the real thing to me. the last few day before my test I did the ADA practice tests and they were very similar to the actual DAT. The only difference to me was that the passages in RC on the real DAT were longer than in any practice I had taken, each passage was 17-22 paragraphs long instead of the 12-15 that I was used to seeing.

I found out about SDN just into my second week of studying and after that I was on it every day. I picked up a lot of helpful tips and strategies with some of the perceptual i was unfamiliar with. Hopefully my scores and application will be good enough to get in early:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Good job. Good luck with your application process.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with them too. A lot of the biology was still fresh from courses I had taken last semester. I also used Alan's Bio notes, which i would highly recommend reading to start off anyone's studying.