7/21 DAT done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the0215

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been lurking around sdn for weeks for guidance and help
and finally finished my DAT today and I want to share what I got and what I did (the least I can do!)

PAT 22
QR 23
RC 19
BIO 20
GC 22
OC 21
TS 21
AA 21

I feel like I could have done better on some parts, but I could have done so much worse on MANY parts, so i am very happy with my scores. I hope the schools are too....

First of all, I didn't know where to start studying, it seemed so much for me. I followed the CHAD'S 8 week study program (in the sticky note part of DAT discussion)

PAT: (Crack DAT PAT, Topscore, Achiever) For me, Crack DAT PAT was helpful in giving me little tips. Just encountering all the problems that may be on an actual PAT section helped me a lot

QR: (Math Destroyer, Topscore, Achiever) I did all the tests except the last one (i think test 14?) because it was kind of ridiculous.....last few days, I've been trying to memorize all the conversions (ex. kg to lb, liters to ounce) but surprisingly the conversions were all given on all 3 conversion problems I had

RC: (Topscore, Achiever, only 2 tests of CRACK DAT READING(not recommended)) This section was really tough for me because I'm an international student....oh the timing was really hard. I read a post about reading topic sentences for every paragraph and noting it down and then searching and destroying. It worked for me the best out of all the methods, but I was rushed by time for all three passages

BIO: (Cliff's, KBB, Alan's notes, Bangity's notes, DAT DESTROYER) In my opinion, the hardest section to study for. very random. First few weeks of studying, I was skimming Cliff's and KBB, which doesn't really work for me because nothing stuck with me after 4 weeks. I was kind of goofing around and panicked when I had a month left. I read Bangity's notes (THANK YOU. YOU ARE MY HERO) for both Cliff's and KBB multiple times in addition to Alan's notes. Did DAT destroyer problems....I should have taken thorough notes of the mistakes that I make (please do if you are still studying) When I was taking the test, I thought I messed up this test after seeing random biology problems, but I remember glancing at those, so take good notes!

GC and OC: (CHAD'S videos, DAT DESTROYER) Chad's videos are AWESOME!! I didn't take thorough notes the first time around and I do regret...I guess I wasn't too pressured to study 2 months before the test. I think if you understand Chad's videos, you will do great on chemistry sections. DAT destroyer for GC especially is overkill, but it doesn't hurt to know how to do them just in case they throw a curveball at you.

Overall: I think I started 'studying' in early may, but really studied when I felt the pressure about a month ago. I studied 6-8 hours a day, allowing myself to breathe. In my opinion, you should focus well for a good portion of the day and let your brain cool off in the night time and in the morning instead of studying 12 hours a day...
Everyone who are studying to take the DAT in the near future, I hope I could help even if it was just a little bit of jibberish
GOOD LUCK STUDYING!!!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Took mine same day, but posted my results in the wrong forum though! Great work! Doesn't it feel great to be done?

Members don't see this ad :)
Excellent! What do you mean for the RC section when your write "CRACK DAT READING(not recommended))"?

Are you saying CDR is no bueno? :(

Great scores, sounds like you prepared very well. Thanks for the reading comprehension suggestion - hard for me too, looking for good advice!

Excellent! What do you mean for the RC section when your write "CRACK DAT READING(not recommended))"?

Are you saying CDR is no bueno? :(
Sorry about not being clear...
For me, CDR passages seemed to read easier than the ones in Topscore and Achiever (which I think are more similar to the real thing) and CDR has a lot of inference questions than just search and destroy. I felt like most of the real thing was search and destroy with some inference questions here and there. It never hurts to look at more articles and see many types of problems and try different methods. I can't say much about RC because I didn't do too well, but let me rephrase myself by saying CDR wasn't as good of the representation of the real thing compared to Topscore and Achiever, but it will help with more exposure to passages and problems