7/29 mailing date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dream18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seeing everyone else get interviews is kinda stressing me out, and then I realize they applied earlier than me. So I think it's time we get our own thread :)

What have you guys heard from schools so far?

VCU is the only school I haven't heard from, and I have an interview at MWU-AZ. Only 8 (out of 16) schools have updated AADSAS at all. Other than that it's just a waiting game for the other schools :xf:

What about everyone else??

Members don't see this ad.

Great post, I guess we are on the same boat. Amalgamgrillz, please excuse me for borrowing your post, coz i think it is a nice format to be adapted here.

School: Midwetern - AZ
Notification date: 09 Aug
Method of notification: Email
Residency: international (currently residing in NY)
AADSAS mail-out date: 29 Jul
Application complete date: 02 Aug
GPA (science, overall): 2.89(Hong Kong. ECE); 3.31 (Hong Kong, WES); 3.48(Philippines, ECE); 4.0, 3.89(US)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
21/22/25/20/no

applied to 20 schools, am still waiting for the rest to reply.

PS: I really hate Loma Linda's secondary, its just too much work/

What day is your interview at MWU AZ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am put on Hold for interview for MWU-AZ. I am most likely interviewing after Dec 1st. Other schools are still reviewing my application.

What day is your interview at MWU AZ?

1 Nov . I think its pretty late, but it was the earliest date I can get by the time they sent me an invitation. You?

My application got screwed up by the AADSAS pretty much coz they have lost my ECE evaluation report twice, and I am still waiting for them to post the third one I sent. They said they have got it, but thats the same BS they said last time. But what can I do? they are monopoly here.

1 Nov . I think its pretty late, but it was the earliest date I can get by the time they sent me an invitation. You?

My application got screwed up by the AADSAS pretty much coz they have lost my ECE evaluation report twice, and I am still waiting for them to post the third one I sent. They said they have got it, but thats the same BS they said last time. But what can I do? they are monopoly here.

Mine is Oct 26th...so only a week before yours. As long as we're before Dec I think we're okay.

Yeah, I went through that with AADSAS with my transcripts, I had to send 3 copies before they got it (and it took foreverrr). Not much you can do, just keep calling.

:hello:Hello 7/29ers. I've been stressing too seeing all of these interview invites. I only applied to UNLV and several people on SDN have received invites there already. So far all of the mail dates are before mine so trying not to panic. I received the Application Complete email from UNLV on 8/5. They called a week ago to request summer grades. I faxed an unofficial copy and ordered an official to be sent. I'm a NV resident so hope that helps enough to have my sucky GPA forgiven. :xf:

So as it gets closer to schools giving interviews/acceptances/rejections I am getting worried. I feel like my stats are pretty good and I have a good shot in getting into a dental school, but I'm not sure with the current list of schools I have applied to that I will get into them. So check this out and any advice would be great!

Resident: California
DAT: AA:21/TS:22/PA:21
sGPA~ 3.8 oGPA ~ 3.78
lots of EC and worked as a dental assistant, might be lacking in community service.

I applied to 8 pretty competitive dental schools with 6/8 having stats ~3.7+ DAT 21+
UCLA
UOP
UCSF
USC
UPENN
HARVARD
COLORADO
NOVA

I tried to be realistic because I'm low on money and don't have the luxury to apply to a lot of schools. Is 8 enough? Should I put more lower tier schools? If so, which ones? I just don't want to be one of those horror stories that don't get in anywhere because I was too "cocky" with applying to schools.

Thanks!

So as it gets closer to schools giving interviews/acceptances/rejections I am getting worried. I feel like my stats are pretty good and I have a good shot in getting into a dental school, but I'm not sure with the current list of schools I have applied to that I will get into them. So check this out and any advice would be great!

sGPA~ 3.8 oGPA ~ 3.78
lots of EC and worked as a dental assistant, might be lacking in community service.

I applied to 8 pretty competitive dental schools with 6/8 having stats ~3.7+ DAT 21+
UCLA
UOP
UCSF
USC
UPENN
HARVARD
COLORADO
NOVA

I tried to be realistic because I'm low on money and don't have the luxury to apply to a lot of schools. Is 8 enough? Should I put more lower tier schools? If so, which ones? I just don't want to be one of those horror stories that don't get in anywhere because I was too "cocky" with applying to schools.

Thanks!

I saw your post somewhere else in this forum, and I think you should have an idea what you should do if you have read through the responses.

In short, apply a few "safety schools"(provided that you would attend if one of them turned out to be your only acceptance). Application fee is a huge burden for me too, but I think paying a few hundreds more on applying additional safety school ease my anxiety tremendously. Having to re-apply is a nightmare.(though I think it is unlikely you have to do so based on your stat.)

Being an international applicant myself, I am sorry I dont have any advice on which "lower tier" school you should add. But I guess you should be able to find plenty of info. in other threads.(search "safety school" maybe?)

Good luck:)!

sGPA~ 3.8 oGPA ~ 3.78

UCLA
UOP
UCSF
USC
UPENN
HARVARD
COLORADO
NOVA

Thanks!

You do have good stats and I'm sure you won't have a problem getting in somewhere. The schools you applied to are pretty competitive, and I don't know much about their selection criteria myself because besides Nova, I didn't apply to any of those schools. Have you heard back from any of them?

I agree with jinhomc. In my opinion, if you are really worried about getting in, choose one or two 'safety schools' that you think you have a good chance at and that you would actually consider attending. It might be tight on the purse strings now, but it may work out to be beneficial in the long run. I'm a reapplicant and trust me, I wish I would have just applied to more schools last year because having to go through a whole other application cycle, and spend even more money reapplying will end up costing you wayyyy more than an additional $100-200 this cycle. Plus it might give you a little peace of mind, if nothing else.

Anyways, that's just my two cents. Good luck! :)

:hello:Hello 7/29ers. I've been stressing too seeing all of these interview invites. I only applied to UNLV and several people on SDN have received invites there already. So far all of the mail dates are before mine so trying not to panic. I received the Application Complete email from UNLV on 8/5. They called a week ago to request summer grades. I faxed an unofficial copy and ordered an official to be sent. I'm a NV resident so hope that helps enough to have my sucky GPA forgiven. :xf:

I know the feeling...seeing everyone get invites while you're left waiting! But don't worry! It's still early and since they requested summer grades (which means they are interested enough in you to call for more information), they still need additional time to review your application, so it might take a little longer than others. The fact that you are an NV resident and have been a hygienst will definitely be in your favor.

I'm sure you will be fine! Just try to stay positive :)

I know the feeling...seeing everyone get invites while you're left waiting! But don't worry! It's still early and since they requested summer grades (which means they are interested enough in you to call for more information), they still need additional time to review your application, so it might take a little longer than others. The fact that you are an NV resident and have been a hygienst will definitely be in your favor.

I'm sure you will be fine! Just try to stay positive :)

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, it's been so quiet these two weeks( to me, at least). How's thing going for you guys? Any invitation yet?

Wow, it's been so quiet these two weeks( to me, at least). How's thing going for you guys? Any invitation yet?

Hey guys. My mailing date is 7/29 as well. Haven't got any interview yet :scared:

I applied to 7 schools and I've gotten one interview so far. Dying to get interviews from my other schools! I check my email every 5 minutes!

School: Iowa
Notification date: 10 Aug
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 29 Jul
Application complete date: 02 Aug
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/no

I got an email from Nova today for an interview!!

School: Nova
Notification date: Aug 25th
Residency: in state
AADSAS mail-out date: July 29th
Application complete date: Aug 4th
GPA (science, overall): 3.32, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/22/19/21/14 on QR :(

My interview date is Dec 2nd...that's the earliest they had available

Congrats everybody!!
I got something this morning too, a big REJECTION from Indiana...somebody please give me a green card

Congrats everybody!!
I got something this morning too, a big REJECTION from Indiana...somebody please give me a green card

Based on reading posts on here, I feel like everyone is getting rejected from there.

Keep your head up, our application has only been out almost a month, we still have time :xf:

Generally speaking, when should we expect hearing from schools for teh 7/29 mail out date?

My mailing date was 7/29 as well.
I applied to U of Mich, SIU, UIC, Iowa, Indiana, Marquette, and Midwestern-IL.
I've heard back from every school and completed supplementals for them.
Except no response/acknowledgement from SIU?
Iowa interview received 8/10
Indiana rejected me monday but then sent me an Interview invite Tuesday!

My mailing date was 7/29 as well.
I applied to U of Mich, SIU, UIC, Iowa, Indiana, Marquette, and Midwestern-IL.
I've heard back from every school and completed supplementals for them.
Except no response/acknowledgement from SIU?
Iowa interview received 8/10
Indiana rejected me monday but then sent me an Interview invite Tuesday!

Wow that's crazy, but awesome! Congrats!

Generally speaking, when should we expect hearing from schools for teh 7/29 mail out date?

It depends on the school because some schools send out interviews early and others don't start until September-ish. Our application has only been out a month so far, and some people who sent theirs out in June are just now receiving invites. So it's hard to say when we'll hear for sure...hopefully within the next few weeks!

Interview at LECOM on 10/26 received on 8/15.

Applied to a zillion schools: a lot of reaches to be honest, but my DAT scores are verrrry average, and I had an illness my third year of college which resulted in an F and two D's on my transcript. GPA all other semesters above 3.75, but overall took a nosedive because of it. Long story short, I had to cast a wide net. Here's the list: BU, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UMich, Maryland, UConn, Temple, VCU, UNC, LECOM, UAB, UCSF, UOP, USC, OHSU, Colorado, Houston, Washington, UIC, MWU-IL

Overall GPA: 3.53 BCP/Science: 3.95
DAT AA/TS/PAT: 19/19/20 no sections at or below 17
1.5 years of dental assisting

Have heard something from all except Houston and UAB and have complete application confirmations everywhere except those two and VCU. No rejections . . . yet.

Every time my phone goes off I get heart palpitations. This is so nerve-wracking!

Good Luck, and can't wait to hear how all of this unfolds for us :D

Interview at LECOM on 10/26 received on 8/15.

Applied to a zillion schools: a lot of reaches to be honest, but my DAT scores are verrrry average, and I had an illness my third year of college which resulted in an F and two D's on my transcript. GPA all other semesters above 3.75, but overall took a nosedive because of it. Long story short, I had to cast a wide net. Here's the list: BU, Tufts, NYU, Columbia, UMich, Maryland, UConn, Temple, VCU, UNC, LECOM, UAB, UCSF, UOP, USC, OHSU, Colorado, Houston, Washington, UIC, MWU-IL

Overall GPA: 3.53 BCP/Science: 3.95
DAT AA/TS/PAT: 19/19/20 no sections at or below 17
1.5 years of dental assisting

Have heard something from all except Houston and UAB and have complete application confirmations everywhere except those two and VCU. No rejections . . . yet.

Every time my phone goes off I get heart palpitations. This is so nerve-wracking!

Good Luck, and can't wait to hear how all of this unfolds for us :D

VCU and Temple are the only ones I haven't heard anything from. Temple updated my AADSAS but I haven't received any emails from them at all. I've heard nothing from VCU, so it makes me feel a little better that someone with the same send out date hasn't heard back either. Did you receive anything from VCU at all?

No, haven't heard anything from VCU at all. UAB updated my aadsas and my app is complete and Houston also sent me a confirmation of complete application.

Stillllll waiting. Oof.

No intention of scratching wounds, but for those of you who got rejected by Indiana, what is your AADSAS status? Does it ask you to check after 1st Dec?

Another week ends without interview invite:(

My completed mailing date was 7/29 for the DAT scores. I received a secondary from temple last friday 8/19 and an application complete from Buffalo a little while ago too. That's about it.

Hey guys, so I am on the 7/29 mailing date. Received secondaries from the 8 schools I applied too, but only have been contacted for one interview thus far. I was wondering, are we late in the cycle or on time or what? I have been waiting for weeks to hear from these schools whether I get an interview or not and I am getting a bit antzy to be honest. I was just wondering how we were in the cycle in terms of lateness or not.

No, haven't heard anything from VCU at all. UAB updated my aadsas and my app is complete and Houston also sent me a confirmation of complete application.

Stillllll waiting. Oof.

If you dont mind me asking what was your mailing date for Houston.
Thanks

Hey guys, so I am on the 7/29 mailing date. Received secondaries from the 8 schools I applied too, but only have been contacted for one interview thus far. I was wondering, are we late in the cycle or on time or what? I have been waiting for weeks to hear from these schools whether I get an interview or not and I am getting a bit antzy to be honest. I was just wondering how we were in the cycle in terms of lateness or not.

I feel your pain, every day I get excited that it's a new day to hear from schools, then I'm disappointed when I don't. It doesn't help that the majority of the schools I applied to are in the northeast...thanks Irene...I guess I can forget about any invites this week.

I don't think we are late, I mean we weren't the earliest but we got out in July so I would consider that okay. I feel like schools with secondaries might take a little longer since they have to wait and look over another document, but who knows, that's just my opinion.

But we're all there with you...antsy and waiting :whistle:

anyone get anymore interviews? west coast schools are taking so long. UOP started giving out interviews yesterday. I'm dying to hear from them!

anyone get anymore interviews? west coast schools are taking so long. UOP started giving out interviews yesterday. I'm dying to hear from them!

No more interviews yet. But I did finally receive the Temple secondary today!

hi JinhoMC, Did you have to send ECE.org evaluation directly to AADSAS ?? I was going to send it to each school.. If you send ECE evaluation to AADSAS do you get ur GPA calculated?

Are you sending ECE evaluation copy to each admission office also? also, did you request ECE.org to send it directly to AADSAS?

hi JinhoMC, Did you have to send ECE.org evaluation directly to AADSAS ?? I was going to send it to each school.. If you send ECE evaluation to AADSAS do you get ur GPA calculated?

Yes, I did.

You do have to send an official report from ECE to AADSAS if you want AADSAS to make copies of it and forward them to those dental schools you applied. Also, AADSAS will make your report available in electronic form so that the dental schools can view each page of the report on AADSAS.

BUT, AADSAS will not calculate the GPA of the transcript in that report for you.

However, I am still not sure if there is any school that require an official report to be sent directly from ECE or any other evaluation services. But it is not really an option for me since I have one ECE and one WES report and I applied to 20 DS. Sending each of them one report would be very costly.

PS: include a "transcript matching form"( the one available on AADSAS website. The bar code on it is essential for them to match it back to your application file. ) also, I highly advise you to send the official report to AADSAS by registered mail.

Thanks guys!! Yeah I felt a little hesitant and down when I saw alot of other people on Student Doc with inteviews. But I did a little bit of research and saw alot of the these people getting interviews were in the first mailing group. So I would estimate we should start getting hit up for interviews mid September... Keep your head up guys!!

Just got my 1st interview from NYU on 8/31! :thumbup:

Upenn interview invite on 8/31, scheduled for 11/4! One of my top OOS choices yeeee

School: Louisville
Notification date: 9/8/11
Method of notification: E-Mail
Residency: Arkansas
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/29
Application complete date: 8/23/11
GPA (science, overall): Science-3.64, Overall-3.59
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/17 in QR

applied to 5 schools on July 29
but no interview invite yet...
i have decent stats but what is going on??

If you dont mind me asking? What schools and are you international?

Temple interview invite today by e-mail! Scheduled for the next available which is NEXT THURSDAY! 9/22 Oh. My. Goodness.

That makes two invites. No rejections yet. Meeep!