7 on/7 off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yungspleen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How common are these jobs? Do you see them becoming more or less common in the future. i'd love to work on that schedule if possible

Members don't see this ad.

Just in case you weren't aware, these jobs are 7 nights on / 7 days off.

These jobs and schedules have pros and cons and are not as popular as you may think. Night jobs will still be available in the future... if you still want them by the time you get there.

Just in case you weren't aware, these jobs are 7 nights on / 7 days off.

These jobs and schedules have pros and cons and are not as popular as you may think. Night jobs will still be available in the future... if you still want them by the time you get there.

95% of these jobs are for nights and in general are not desirable. There are a few swing shift and daytime positions however.

"Radia is hiring a board certified/board eligible Pediatric Radiologist to join our practice in Seattle, Washington. The position is 26 weeks a year.

This daytime (7a - 4p) job offers scheduling and income flexibility."

Members don't see this ad :)
7 on/7 off nights is a pretty terrible deal. The market shifted close to 7 on/14 off a few years ago and a few of those job offers are still around.

7/7 means you're working half the weekends of the year. No freaking way.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, only working 17 weeks a year is a pretty sweet gig. Even if it’s all nights it’s still better than 7/7 during the day.

Most 7on/7off night jobs are not filling and falling by the wayside. Like others have mentioned 7on/14off is becoming the new norm. Some 2nd shift jobs (ie. ~5pm-1am) are still 7on/7off but are more sustainable long term.

Very few people want these jobs, so they will always be available. Even in the last bad job market 5-10 years ago, these jobs were available.

Most require you to be on-site, some you can live anywhere. Most are salaried, some allow a path to partnership. Most are on the higher volume side compared to day work.

7 on 21 off is where its at.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
7 on/14 off is what I most commonly hear off. I'm at RSNA and I spoke to a Dartmouth recruiter who is looking for a nighthawk with that schedule offered.

Reactions: 1 user
Be wary of these.
7 on 14 is the norm currently.

but if the market tightens again, there is nothing to stop your employer from turning you into a 7on 7 off model.

What’s the reimbursement look on average for the south/Texas for these 7/14?