-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
7 year pharmacy schools
Started by gotmilklol
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Where was your source? Never heard of this.
So far I've seen at Rutgers Pharmacy, but I know many other schools are doing this too...
http://130.68.20.108/chemistry/Pages/GrCurr/PharmD.html
http://130.68.20.108/chemistry/Pages/GrCurr/PharmD.html
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far I've seen at Rutgers Pharmacy, but I know many other schools are doing this too...
http://130.68.20.108/chemistry/Pages/GrCurr/PharmD.html
cuz that's BS + PharmD (I've seen BS + MD programs go 7yrs also).
0-6 is PharmD only
Where was your source? Never heard of this.
hey thank u soooo sooo much....this was very helpful🙂. i could not believe i read all this at 2 in the morning lol....It was very helpful, in fact i think i might bookmark the page. boy the actual prepping process is quite expensive if u ask me lol😱
R
rphfan2009
I hope thats not true...I've heard somewhere that 0+6 schools are extending one more year for pharmacy school now. Why are schools doing this?
If it is, the schools are only doing it for extra $$$$$$ and pure greed...a 7th year is COMPLETELY ridiculous. Actually a 6th year is a waste too...they should have kept a pharmacy education to 5 years to begin with.
Ya, one of my cousin's friends that goes to USP's 6 year program said they made it 7 years for 2010 applicants.
Ya, one of my cousin's friends that goes to USP's 6 year program said they made it 7 years for 2010 applicants.
hell i sure hope not...that is just a waste of time IMO.
hi can you please help me with my statement of purpose? my email is [email protected]Where was your source? Never heard of this.
thanks
Ya, one of my cousin's friends that goes to USP's 6 year program said they made it 7 years for 2010 applicants.
I go to USP. That is a total lie.
I hope thats not true...
If it is, the schools are only doing it for extra $$$$$$ and pure greed...a 7th year is COMPLETELY ridiculous. Actually a 6th year is a waste too...they should have kept a pharmacy education to 5 years to begin with.
Not really. What they're doing is adding courses such as statistics, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology and so on. What this does is allows the school to NOT teach these undergraduate courses in the first year of a DOCTORATE program. They are essentially demanding that students be prepared adequately for a doctorate course. They can then replace these courses with ones better suited for a doctorate program as opposed to a 300 level biochemistry or microbiology course.
at USC, having a Bachelor's degree is now a requirement. Now even the TAP students must complete a degree (not just the pre-reqs) making the "6 year" program a "7 year" program for most (takes longer to finish a bachelor's vs just pre-reqs)
I know that Purdue is doing it for next year's freshmen. I got lucky. =)
A Lot of us got lucky. lol 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Freshmen entering UB's prepharmacy program next fall (under Early Assurance) will have the option of doing their prereq's in 3 years instead of two. As Carboxide said, they keep increasing the prereq courseload and I wonder if getting all the prepharms scheduled for these classes was also a factor.
http://www.pharmacy.buffalo.edu/materials/PharmD/documents/Early_Assurance_2010.pdf
http://www.pharmacy.buffalo.edu/materials/PharmD/documents/Early_Assurance_2010.pdf
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K