Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

7 years to complete undergrad

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by DjKanobi, May 6, 2007.

1. DjKanobi

Pre-Medical
    Hi, I was wondering if there are any others out there in a similar situation. I spent about 5 years slowly completing my pre reqs at a community college. I transferred to UC Berkeley and am expected to graduate in two years. This makes my total time as an undergrad to be about 7 years.

My question is, when calculating my gpa's for the AMCAS application how do I categorize my courses according to freshman, sophmore, etc... if it took longer than 4 years? I am not applying till next year, but would like to know where I stand and what I need to improve. Any one have a clue?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. 146233

146233 Phthirius pubis

Medical Student
    Using the guide in the AMCAS instructions, list your year in school based on the credit hours you've accumulated. Once you hit Senior, keep it there. You'll have about 2-3 years listed that way. No biggie - they tell you that once you advance in class standing, not go to backward. If there's an issue with it, AMCAS will fix it during verification. (And the way you classify your class standing has no bearing on how AMCAS calculates your GPA.)

Well, without your cumulative and BCPM GPA/MCAT, what do you expect us to day? "Seven years, eh? Doctors go to school for about seven or so years, so you should be in good shape." Tell us more about yourself, silly.

Best of luck,
    -z

4. DjKanobi

Pre-Medical
    Thanks for the info. I'll post up my stats as soon as I get them figured out. Cheers!

5. st0w

st0w plasticperineum syndrome

Resident [Any Field]
    Your total BCPM/AO GPA, no. But on the final report, they additionally break it out by year. That's where these classifications come into play.