70 pharmacy deans got 2 day free trip to CVS corp

Started by BMBiology
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just heard the majority of pharmacy deans got a free trip to CVS corp in Rhode Island. I can see it now:

CVS CEO: I need you to keep on pumping out more new grads!

Dean #1: Yes sir!

Dean #2: I am already one step ahead of you

Dean #3: keep on giving us money and it is a deal

Dean #4: we are taking 2.5 GPA students like you have requested
 
There was a joke posted on SDN that I'll bring forth to us realists out there. I forgot who said it, but props to you brah.

Student: How does one end up with a small fortune in pharmacy?
Answer: Start out with a large fortune and go to pharmacy school.

I paraphrase. 🙂

In all honesty, the potential sucker's tuition money should be spent on opening up a Subway franchise. Offering a $5.00 footlong is saving the public from spending ridiculous amounts in TGIF - now that's doing the public a good deed! And, Subway owners have a positive expected return on investment!
 
There was a joke posted on SDN that I'll bring forth to us realists out there. I forgot who said it, but props to you brah.

Student: How does one end up with a small fortune in pharmacy?
Answer: Start out with a large fortune and go to pharmacy school.

I paraphrase. 🙂

In all honesty, the potential sucker's tuition money should be spent on opening up a Subway franchise. Offering a $5.00 footlong is saving the public from spending ridiculous amounts in TGIF - now that's doing the public a good deed! And, Subway owners have a positive expected return on investment!


ROTFL 🙂


So I just heard the majority of pharmacy deans got a free trip to CVS corp in Rhode Island. I can see it now:

CVS CEO: I need you to keep on pumping out more new grads!

Dean #1: Yes sir!

Dean #2: I am already one step ahead of you

Dean #3: keep on giving us money and it is a deal

Dean #4: we are taking 2.5 GPA students like you have requested
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Very soon, we can see the conversation of a pharmacist and his friend that looks along the likes of:

Friend: So nice to see you! What do you do for a living?
Pharmacist: I'm a pharmacist.
Friend: That's it? I heard you guys only work 20 hours/week.
Pharmacist: No benefits, $150,000 in debt, and sleeping in my car. Because of the glut of graduates, I get paid $30/hour. I am a PharmD, doctor of pharmacy, who spent 4 years after college sweating in a program that told us there was a light at the end of the tunnel.
Friend: I warned you! I'm a manager at McDonald's with full time benefits, no debt from college, and there's room for advancement! Further, there's not a glut of McDonald's employees waiting to take my spot. Cheer up friend, here's a Big Mac on the house.