90 semester units in 2 years = ridiculous?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

s1lver

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Usually, 90 semester units is done in 3 years. Do you guys know anyone who did it in 2 years? Is he still alive? :p

Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Usually, 90 semester units is done in 3 years. Do you guys know anyone who did it in 2 years? Is he still alive? :p

Thanks...

What kind of units are you inquiring about ? General ed freshmen-level units are very different from senior-level science units. If you are talking about pre-requisite units, then, yes, I know several people who have done it - taking 19 units during each fall/spring semester plus 12 units in the summer. Not only they are still alive, but well off :)

Last edited:
It's not ridiculous at all. I did 50 semester units this past year and I'm sure others have done more. It was a little intense around finals, but otherwise, I still had a life.

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of units ?

Mammalian Physiology w/ lab (1 unit)
Molecular Biology w/ lab (1 unit)
Psychology or Sociology (1 unit)
Humanities and Social/Behavioral Sciences (4 units)

I'm worried about doing 20+ units of Science-heavy pre-reqs in a sem since it's been 7 years now (8 next year :scared:) since I last attended a college class. Plus, there's the hassle of getting a permission, paying for extra tuition and a few other things.

How many units do you guys usually take per sem?

Thanks...
I know someone who completed 209 semester hours in 8 semesters, ie. approximately 105 hours in two years...Me. And last I checked, I was still alive.

Thanks...

90 quarter/60 semester units is very doable in 2 years, so 90 semester units in 3 years is very pausible (18 classes that are 5 units each, or 3 classes per semester). The only thing is not all your classes will be 5 units, and those that are 5 units have lab which adds to your hourly commitment to those classes. You might want to loadup on units during the summer months, so you don't burn out.

When I was trying to get into pharmacy school, I usually take 14 to 18 units per semester, and then I try to get 11 to 15 units done in the summer. Finished my pre-req in 1 and 1/2 years, and took bullcrap classes while I was waiting for my acceptance.

15 units per semester over the fall and spring then 12 units over the summer + 1 online course from the local CC, comes to about 45 units a year. 15 units a semester is not terribly hard and 12 units over the summer is possible if you don't have a life.....like me :mad:.

Last edited:
this might be a bit off-topic, but speaking of units...do CA pharm schools give more focus/weight on the last 90 units (junior & senior yr)? i heard that UOP does that and was wondering if any other CA schools do too?

and 90 units in 2 years is def. not impossible. its all about time management and how much YOU can handle.

My pharmacy school roommate completed 70 hours of pre-reqs in one year while working part time and getting a 4.0! Damn impressive if you ask me.

I did 93 in 2 years, with a 3.7 overall GPA and 3.84 science GPA !

not science, but im doing upper level business (finance/accounting double major) ill be wrapping up 46 credits in the past 10 months with 3.87 gpa. i have another 42 in the next 10 months. i will have graduated in 4 years with 178 credits (and no debt!).

Mammalian Physiology w/ lab (1 unit)
Molecular Biology w/ lab (1 unit)
Psychology or Sociology (1 unit)
Humanities and Social/Behavioral Sciences (4 units)

I'm worried about doing 20+ units of Science-heavy pre-reqs in a sem since it's been 7 years now (8 next year :scared:) since I last attended a college class. Plus, there's the hassle of getting a permission, paying for extra tuition and a few other things.

How many units do you guys usually take per sem?

Hahaha...unit.

That is easily doable. I am going to graduate in 3 years with 130 hrs. So, in two years I did 97 hrs.