Can Texas Southern University push a PharmD applicant to go a an undergraduate BS in biomedical Scince to finish Pharm in 6 years instead of 4 years?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee19

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have applied to Texas Southern University 4-year entery-level PharmD program, got interviewed, waiting for committee deliberation, and now I got a correspondence that I have applied to BS in biomedical science, but I have not applied to an undergraduate program. Can TSU force students to join an integrated BS pharmD program to finish pharmacy school in 6 years? All programs are 4 years, and by the way I have completed all prerequisites to PharmD program and have an associates degree.

Members don't see this ad.

I have applied to Texas Southern University 4-year entery-level PharmD program, got interviewed, waiting for committee deliberation, and now I got a correspondence that I have applied to BS in biomedical science, but I have not applied to an undergraduate program. Can TSU force students to join an integrated BS pharmD program to finish pharmacy school in 6 years? All programs are 4 years, and by the way I have completed all prerequisites to PharmD program and have an associates degree.
Did you check to see if TSU requires you to have a bachelors degree or certain number of credits before matriculating? An associates isnt a high enough degree and is usually 60 or so credits. Just because you finished the prereqs doesn’t mean you can matriculate unless you’ve met the degree requirements first. I would double check and reach out to them

I found this on their website:
“Note: If any additional substitutions or waivers are approved, a student must have 77 undergraduate SCHs prior to entering the Pharm.D. professional curriculum. Under limited circumstances, the institution may decide to admit a student with a limited number of outstanding Texas Core Curriculum requirements that sufficiently demonstrates their ability to complete these requirements before the end of the P2 year.”

Reactions: 1 user
You need to chat with the admissions officer who has been working with you about this. As mentioned, review the website and see if you have fulfilled all the prerequisites and verify what they determined.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.