A bit confused by rolling admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burgler09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to two schools this year with rolling admissions. (UFlorida and UMich). I am from michigan. My main question is both of these schools have rolling admissions. When is the best time to apply, I understand that the sooner you apply the better your chances are , but my GPA will be more competitive after the fall semester. If I were to turn in my application at the beginning/middle of Fall 07 would they review my application right away and make their decision or would I have time to turn in my fall grades? What is my best bet for a time to send in my application?

This is for undergrad. I am just a bit confused as to how rolling admissions works. thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to two schools this year with rolling admissions. (UFlorida and UMich). I am from michigan. My main question is both of these schools have rolling admissions. When is the best time to apply, I understand that the sooner you apply the better your chances are , but my GPA will be more competitive after the fall semester. If I were to turn in my application at the beginning/middle of Fall 07 would they review my application right away and make their decision or would I have time to turn in my fall grades? What is my best bet for a time to send in my application?

This is for undergrad. I am just a bit confused as to how rolling admissions works. thanks for any help!

Easy. Apply as early as possible.

You should wait for your fall grades only if your fall grades are going to raise your GPA from a 3.0 to a 4.0...wait

no...

just apply as early as possible...like June 1st or even earlier if you can. Waiting on classes...especially fall classes (thus making your application submission date approximately 5 months after the date the application opens) is a bad idea.

Not to mention that you're betting on grades for classes you haven't even begun taking yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
alright, i'm going to apply the day I find out they are released.. and I am on the mailing order. Thanks for the help. So basicly there is absolutely no benefit in waiting until fall grades to be returned because if they want to see them they will request it and it will also give me a better chance of just being accepted, correct?

If you don't get in Dec 1st then you can send your transcript to the school. Most schools want to see your Fall grades either way. Your best chance will be to apply early.

apply early..DO NOT wait till your fall grades come out because that will be at the end of Dec & it will be too late....just apply now & see what happens & try to get good grades during fall semester... good luck!