A case report on DD Basaloid Squamous Cell Carcinoma and adenoid cystic CA solid type?.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vivanya

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope to write a case report on the above case where DDs are basaloid SCCA and Adenoid cystic CA. Will you please help me get an approach..
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i may be expressing my ignorance but this sounds pretty
ho-hum. is this worth publication as a single case report?

i may be expressing my ignorance but this sounds pretty
ho-hum. is this worth publication as a single case report?

Ho-hum never stopped me in residency. If you write it someone will publish it. Another line on the cv. Proceed with the chlorophyll!

As far as the actual question. Just read a few case reports. They’re usually all about the same. Discuss the case - clinical, path findings etc. then go through the differential. Then maybe some pertinent ihc that helps with the differential then say something like “but H&e is still the gold standard” etc etc.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
good ol academia at its finest.

Reactions: 1 user
Agreed, ho hum at best. Does it at least have a molecular correlate, outcome/management decision tree or something to spice it up? As said before, consider it but on the value vs. effort scale, it might be pretty low unless perhaps you are an undergrad/post-undergrad tech, anticipating applying to graduate/professional school and with a lot of time on your hands.