A couple of application questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TejasMed2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble getting two of my letters of recommendation sent in, the professors are out of the country and said they might not get the letters done until the end of July...should I go ahead and submit my application with only one of three letters of rec?

Similar question...taking the MCAT on August 15th (late, I know) so I won't get scores back until Sept 15th. How bad is it that it is this late? Just so I can kind of know what to expect. ( I am going to send in my app with out MCAT scores hopefully around the middle of July, is this really late?).

Last one. I have a great volunteer opportunity coming up that will start on July 15th. I will be volunteering 10 hrs/ week in a large ER. Should I wait to send in my application until after I have started that so I can include it? Or should I just say that is something I am going to be doing? (This will be the major volunteer gig on my application).

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I am having trouble getting two of my letters of recommendation sent in, the professors are out of the country and said they might not get the letters done until the end of July...should I go ahead and submit my application with only one of three letters of rec?

Similar question...taking the MCAT on August 15th (late, I know) so I won't get scores back until Sept 15th. How bad is it that it is this late? Just so I can kind of know what to expect. ( I am going to send in my app with out MCAT scores hopefully around the middle of July, is this really late?).

Last one. I have a great volunteer opportunity coming up that will start on July 15th. I will be volunteering 10 hrs/ week in a large ER. Should I wait to send in my application until after I have started that so I can include it? Or should I just say that is something I am going to be doing? (This will be the major volunteer gig on my application).

Thanks for the help!

Hi
Others can help you more I think but here are my thoughts. 1. You should absolutely get your primary in immediately. You'll get secondaries at different times and end of july is about the time you will need the LOR's anyway.
2. With the CBT I would say end of august is late and it will hurt you. Why not get it bumped back to mid July?
3. Do not wait to send in your app. Just use an update letter to let schools know about additional activities.

Another thing to keep in mind. Just based on your name are you applying to texas schools? Those apps. already opened about a month ago so you will be very late for them. If you must wait till end of July or August. Keep these things in mind.